What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fyi my Hobby Lobby was having a 40% off on the Landcruiser art, making the price reasonable IMOP.
Thanks for posting.

Haven't been to Hobby Lobby in a few years but as I remember everything was always on sale from the sticker price on the item. Have a few Hobby Lobby stores in the general area. While out yesterday stopped by one. Didn't calculate the percentage off but probably 40%. This store had at least 10 of them.

I agree. At HL everything is 40% off 24/7.

My question is, because it has this on it (see photo) does this mean anything of importance over it being a piece that was constructed by a creative individual and mass produced?
This, evidently was not a limited release piece of wall art!

C4C9AD8F-6DD1-491E-A50B-55C57810519E.jpeg

I agree. At HL everything is 40% off 24/7.

My question is, because it has this on it (see photo) does this mean anything of importance over it being a piece that was constructed by a creative individual and mass produced?
This, evidently was not a limited release piece of wall art!

View attachment 3228909
on the far wall of your garage, you will never notice… 🤣

I attached a spare tire. Kenda Kevlar 33x9.5015. first time I have had a spare tire on this fj40. completes the fj40 look for sure. Unfortunately I need to add a spacer as it does not fit quite right. I am sure most of you all know about that on the fj40s haha. will come up with a solution this weekend.
IMG_1434.JPG

Last edited:
I attached a spare tire. Kenda Kevlar 33x9.5015. first time I have had a spare tire on this fj40. completes the fj40 look for sure. Unfortunately I need to add a spacer as it does not fit quite right. I am sure most of you all know about that on the fj40s haha. will come up with a solution this weekend. View attachment 3229211
A wheel spacer is the easiest solution. I've got a couple beat up ones that would be onthe way to becoming beer cans it it wasn't for using them as spare tire spacers.

my local HL only had this one 👎
Chalk up another zilch in fly-over territory (NE) too. I drove by HL on way to see my daughter at college last night.

Moving on... tuning Carb today and chasing some wiring issues with fender lights. Hope have something of mild interest to post later.

I’ve seen too many pretty powder coated boat trailers rot from the inside out.
Boat trailer..Nope. Those are supposed to be hot dipped galvanized. IME, it took way more effort to get through the powder coat on my buggy frame to weld attachments than any paint I've had to remove. I have many items PC and it take effort to even make a mark on them with a screwdriver, let alone scratch down to metal. If I were going to submarine my 40, I might galvanize the frame. But I have other vehicles I am more comfortable with thrashing on than a nice 50 year old classic.

Boat trailer..Nope. Those are supposed to be hot dipped galvanized. IME, it took way more effort to get through the powder coat on my buggy frame to weld attachments than any paint I've had to remove. I have many items PC and it take effort to even make a mark on them with a screwdriver, let alone scratch down to metal. If I were going to submarine my 40, I might galvanize the frame. But I have other vehicles I am more comfortable with thrashing on than a nice 50 year old classic.
I think the reality is not all powder coats are created equal. If yours is done well, great. But if you ever get a poor quality job done, then it can be awful.

I've had both...

I think the reality is not all powder coats are created equal. If yours is done well, great. But if you ever get a poor quality job done, then it can be awful.

I've had both...
Agreed. Like any process, the are different levels of competence in application.

Not a damn thing until it gets warm enough to work outside on it. At my age, that'll be in spring sometime.

I've had both...
My frame and underbody was circa 1979 undercoating which prevented all the rust there. But, they don't make that undercoating anymore. It was no fun to remove but there was gold underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom