What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

5722FE41-D7BC-409F-B8E5-F83E723D6B22.jpeg

Put the kids to bed, got most of it finally reassembled, and took a midnight cruise around the town bc I couldn't wait. Still a little bit more to do.

Looks good, no notcher for me. Angle grinder for the foreseeable future
Has anyone used this free template generator for notching tubes with an angle grinder?
You can specify the tube diameter, wall thickness & connection angle then print out the template to mark your tubing for cutting.

This is the notching template.

This is the pipe miter template

@Living in the Past, any luck using "FREESHIP" code with Jim Ellis? I'm ordering up a headlight kit, code doesn't seem to work.

Had to enter my information twice before it take the freeship code. My order of parts including the headlight kit is on it's way and should get here Tuesday. Keep in mind the minimum order to get free shipping is $75 which wasn't a problem for me. Just the headlights do not think it would qualify.

Has anyone used this free template generator for notching tubes with an angle grinder?
You can specify the tube diameter, wall thickness & connection angle then print out the template to mark your tubing for cutting.

I have not, I have a system that works pretty well. Hard to explain on a post

As a practicing structural engineer, I always admired the highly skilled shipyard craftsmen (loftsmen) who made the templates to support the fabrication of offshore structures. An example that shows the intricacies of complex tubular connections is the platform I designed at the tender young age of 24, shown here on the barge just prior to launching in the Gulf of Mexico, in 340 feet of water. Photo courtesy @4Cruisers.

Vermilion Block 380  %22A%22 Platform.jpg

Tweaking the carb some more. This OEM carb runs amazing but is a gas HOG. I’d like to get a little better than 8mpg. I also had it stall a few times at idle up at the ski area. I’m thinking I’m a little rich. Going to try jetting down a little.

81811FED-410A-487B-9FD5-7BE10A891B7F.jpeg

Tweaking the carb some more. This OEM carb runs amazing but is a gas HOG. I’d like to get a little better than 8mpg. I also had it stall a few times at idle up at the ski area. I’m thinking I’m a little rich. Going to try jetting down a little.

View attachment 2888898
I don't know dumb question or not.
Would converting it to a fuel injection system make a noticeable difference in MPG?

I don't know dumb question or not.
Would converting it to a fuel injection system make a noticeable difference in MPG?
No not much of a difference in MPG but a big difference in cold starts, hot starts and performance.

Took the FJ40 for a 5 day camping trip in Death Valley National Park:

If you only care to see the FJ40 climbing up some dry water falls skip to 3:53

Overall FJ40 performed well with ~700 miles of driving, though been thinking of going with a R2.8 and NV4500 swap, currently running a 327 SBC with factory 3 speed & Orion TC.

No not much of a difference in MPG but a big difference in cold starts, hot starts and performance.
That's the beauty of an old carb - the rigs are harder to steal! By the time you figure out where the choke has to be set and how many times to pump the gas pedal where it will start but isn't flooded and so on... Most people don't have the patience to steal your car plus you will probably hear them trying!

Banging out some H55F back up and 4WD indicator Sub-Harness sections …,

And a 4wd indicator switch it self OEM Japan parts TR

852FC9D2-0377-4F42-90F2-67B015730EF1.jpeg
DBF89E57-815D-4386-A9CC-8E12D745C5FD.jpeg
953D7ACB-6C36-4F10-97BA-925AD8E71C54.jpeg
E3EE65B1-9D9E-4CCB-8947-1A8EB9E929B2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom