What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My SBC had a generic ignition wire set that looked sloppy and was getting burned by the headers. I got a cut to length set and protective boots from Summit Racing. Looks a little cleaner and I hope the boots protect the wires. Time will tell.

Funny side story, I accidentally unplugged the power to the distributor and didn’t notice. When I went to start it up and check my handiwork I got nothing! After 2 hours of swearing and swapping wires around I found my mistake. Plugged the little bugger in and it fired right up. I can laugh now but at the time I was not amused!

072994D7-0125-46BD-B219-D13FC9759905.jpeg

AEEBC11B-BE03-4897-BCC9-38981CCE1C9A.jpeg

Housings on the right are just what the doctor ordered, as OEM parts are NLA (recently?).

these are the LAST or the GLOBAL YAZAKI supply NOS stock on the GLOBE of 1 PIN splash proof sealed

and well , there ALL .............

89620-60060jpg.image.500 x400 - Copy (3) - Copy - Copy.jpg

1642108689097.jpeg

Last edited:
My SBC had a generic ignition wire set that looked sloppy and was getting burned by the headers. I got a cut to length set and protective boots from Summit Racing. Looks a little cleaner and I hope the boots protect the wires. Time will tell.

Funny side story, I accidentally unplugged the power to the distributor and didn’t notice. When I went to start it up and check my handiwork I got nothing! After 2 hours of swearing and swapping wires around I found my mistake. Plugged the little bugger in and it fired right up. I can laugh now but at the time I was not amused!

View attachment 2892590

View attachment 2892591
Those boots do their job. Have them on my sand car for a couple years and no issues with burnt wires. Theyll turn white where really close to the metal (or touching), but theyll continue to protect the wires from heat.

Picked these up off fb for $40 they are 3rd row seat out of 2014 Durango. Not just need to mount them to the floor and attach 3 point belts.

20220112_154639.jpg

As if being wiped out by the flu this week wasn’t bad enough, the headlights on the Karma Cruiser failed at 5am. Fortunately I was only six blocks from the shop, in the well lit portion of downtown Burbank, and I drove back without incident.
While slogging away at a small breakfast, I considered the probabilities. Ironically, I just mentioned to @Yotajeff YESTERDAY about checking the harness connections on his fuse block for HIS headlight issue. So up under the dash I go and yup, I’m looking at an original 1969 fuse block, complete with flat blade screws. And while it doesn’t look wasted, I’m having a flashback to how Ruftoys gave me fits tracking down a headlight problem in about 1987 that miraculously disappeared with a new fuse block from SOR.
So into my stash of NOS blocks I go and pull out something so shiny I’m going to have to wear sunglasses to look at it. Used a pair of old-school ignition pliers that Ive had since I was a teenager to break all the screws loose (experience is a great teacher) and swapped in the new block, AFTER cleaning all the terminal leads. And yup, the headlight one was the worst.
My dim, stock wattage bulbs live again!😛

P.S. Don’t you just LOVE how, every time you try to be nice and reduce file sizes for pics, the algorithm finds it necessary to rotate the picture? :rolleyes:

BBC57B6A-F9A6-4A93-9C5E-754F6DD6CD26.jpeg

524A76B4-3BA7-4129-97F5-4654AF8E604C.jpeg

Last edited:
Also

Soon

90999-00056

Will be alive once again too

D322860C-0EA1-4C62-B239-2A19A176EEB0.jpeg
7AFB079F-A93B-4E20-B00A-072FBB9BD3D4.jpeg
C539ED08-4ED8-4ADD-B7DB-2B8FA839413A.jpeg
C0A646E5-E5AE-43C5-BD07-706520243402.jpeg
3175436C-A826-4FDB-AC67-63FEFD0ADFC7.jpeg

View attachment 2892590

View attachment 2892591
Looks much better. I’m planning a TPI swap in the future. I’ll have to get a set of wires like that… unless I can find a set of wires that are the correct lengths for OEM wiring under Ram Horn manifolds that have the right ends to work with an ‘87 Camaro distributor.

I’m sure custom wires could be ordered from someone… but I’d likely be better off making my own.
As if being wiped out by the flu this week wasn’t bad enough, the headlights on the Karma Cruiser failed at 5am. Fortunately I was only six blocks from the shop, in the well lit portion of downtown Burbank, and I drove back without incident.
While slogging away at a small breakfast, I considered the probabilities. Ironically, I just mentioned to @Yotajeff YESTERDAY about checking the harness connections on his fuse block for HIS headlight issue. So up under the dash I go and yup, I’m looking at an original 1969 fuse block, complete with flat blade screws. And while it doesn’t look wasted, I’m having a flashback to how Ruftoys gave me fits tracking down a headlight problem in about 1987 that miraculously disappeared with a new fuse block from SOR.
So into my stash of NOS blocks I go and pull out something so shiny I’m going to have to wear sunglasses to look at it. Used a pair of old-school ignition pliers that Ive had since I was a teenager to break all the screws loose (experience is a great teacher) and swapped in the new block, AFTER cleaning all the terminal leads. And yup, the headlight one was the worst.
My dim, stock wattage bulbs live again!😛

Dont you just LOVE how, every time you try to be nice and reduce file sizes for pics, the algorithm finds it necessary to rotate the picture? :rolleyes:

View attachment 2893568

View attachment 2893569
You should consider ordering this kit from Toyota…
ADEC5064-5DB6-4342-85BA-73FDC42ADA14.jpeg

Plug and play headlights from Toyota.

^^^^^ I’ve been looking at this headlight kit and think I’ll go this route. The new wiring harness seems worth the price alone.
One of the best things I’ve added to mine, was less than $60 when I got mine

8FCF9820-F175-41CD-BCA8-C6B17D5DD96B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom