What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Driver side pro car seat came in, built a bracket for it out of 1/4” flat bar stock. Little welder worked nice for this small job, made the 90 degree step downs, mocked up the seat, little paint and bolted the new seat in. Holds my weight just fine. A little overkill but nice and solid. Was going to recover my old seats but the cost of new seat bottoms and the unavailable top cushions made the procar’s a no brainer. Time to start building the passenger bracket, still have time on my hand as the seat hasn’t shipped yet.

View attachment 2682626

View attachment 2682627

View attachment 2682628

View attachment 2682630

View attachment 2682631

That color grey looks nice. I was going to get the black Pro Cars because the grey seats on their website pics looked too light. Now after seeing them in your cruiser, I'm thinking grey for mine. Great job!

Last edited:
I've been looking and designing things that I want to get done this summer, and one of them is a super low profile, prerunner-ish, roof rack. I already have a bunch of tube on the cruiser, and I want to match the look.

I knocked the CAD out today, and this is what I came up with. Let me know what you think, as I'm always looking for changes to make it look better.

Front

Roof Rack Front.PNG

ISO

Roof Rack ISO.PNG

Sides

Roof Rack Side.PNG

I added some TEQ logos to add some flare and differentiation from other racks.

Roof Rack TEQ.PNG

Roof Rack Top.PNG
On the front you have two curved pieces on each side of the light bar, if you straighten out the lower curve on each side it will be stronger, look better (IMO) and is easier to make.

That color grey looks nice. I was going to get the black Pro Cars because the grey seats on their website pics looked too light. Now after seeing them in your cruiser, I'm thinking grey for mine. Great job!
i really like the color too, was hoping for a little darker to match the free seats in the back. Close enough. Really nice seats and i like the ability of both seat bottom angle adjustment and the seat back too.

Driver side pro car seat came in, built a bracket for it out of 1/4” flat bar stock. Little welder worked nice for this small job, made the 90 degree step downs, mocked up the seat, little paint and bolted the new seat in. Holds my weight just fine. A little overkill but nice and solid. Was going to recover my old seats but the cost of new seat bottoms and the unavailable top cushions made the procar’s a no brainer. Time to start building the passenger bracket, still have time on my hand as the seat hasn’t shipped yet.

View attachment 2682626

View attachment 2682627

View attachment 2682628

View attachment 2682630

View attachment 2682631
Those are nice cheap inverter welders. I was surprised how well it works myself.

Life keeps getting in the way of putting it back together, but I’m plugging away anyway. Seats rips are repaired to trail truck standards and started painting the color princess chose- SEM bluebird brown. Ran out of paint, so waiting on a delivery of more. It’s nice not living in the city, but you got wait on supplies sometimes. Could of sworn I took pictures...
In between coats, I started in on the dash. It’ll never be this accessible again. Hope I got everything right. Pedal bucket was the biggest struggle, but today I got it and the steering column in place. View attachment 2672010So I get to this point and notice I have matching cracks in the bottom corners of the dashView attachment 2672009
I don’t remember seeing them before the assembly stage. I suppose they may have been there all along, not sure. There’s no other evidence of abuse by the blaster or painter, so I suppose they are old.
View attachment 2672009I’ll have to stew on this matter. Probably drill a hole to stop the crack/tear and weld it up. Problem is the fresh paint is not encouraging to fix it.
Mine has had cracks there for 30 years. They haven’t got worse... I’d not sweat it personally. I’d leave them be and worry about them the next time you restore the truck. ;)

Should of been clearer, what fitting did you use at the carb?

I offer a 5pc kit if this helps ?

with 1 FREE spare olive too .........

fuel pumps

carb. inlets

glass bowl filters too .........

Filming that was a lot of fun Mike, even more fun driving it too! Cant wait to get my FJ45 rolling coal soon!

Have you put your stickers on yet?! LOL

I've been looking and designing things that I want to get done this summer, and one of them is a super low profile, prerunner-ish, roof rack. I already have a bunch of tube on the cruiser, and I want to match the look.

I knocked the CAD out today, and this is what I came up with. Let me know what you think, as I'm always looking for changes to make it look better.

Front

Roof Rack Front.PNG

ISO

Roof Rack ISO.PNG

Sides

Roof Rack Side.PNG

I added some TEQ logos to add some flare and differentiation from other racks.

Roof Rack TEQ.PNG

Roof Rack Top.PNG
Wow - excellent design!!

Filming that was a lot of fun Mike, even more fun driving it too! Cant wait to get my FJ45 rolling coal soon!

Have you put your stickers on yet?! LOL
Thanks for reminding me. Yesterday I was very busy in the afternoon, transplanting a power plant 😉💪🏻
00A3FFAE-A910-4453-B2DC-A10E9A809AC8.jpeg
DEB6F80D-AE97-4A17-B8CD-A5673E5E3786.jpeg
3A7312CC-102E-4692-B552-56DE06A135FD.jpeg

Mine has had cracks there for 30 years. They haven’t got worse... I’d not sweat it personally. I’d leave them be and worry about them the next time you restore the truck. ;)
Sage advice, no doubt. Truth is I’ve already forgotten about it. Odds are in a year or ten I’ll notice them again. Or maybe the next time I tear it down to the frame....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom