What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another evening of progress. Installed the splash guard, radiator support and radiator. Hooked up all the coolant hoses. New battery tray, radiator cap as well.
BBE8E8BA-445C-407D-A5D3-D1A5053E30EE.jpeg

Up next: add coolant and oil. New filter and plugs. Prime the carb and see what happens.

Another evening of progress. Installed the splash guard, radiator support and radiator. Hooked up all the coolant hoses. New battery tray, radiator cap as well.
View attachment 2553537
Up next: add coolant and oil. New filter and plugs. Prime the carb and see what happens.
Good Luck!

Thank you!
Your welcome.. they are a great company. I even contacted the company and they threw together a set of stainless bolts for my running boards for about $12 or $13 dollars. Had it to me in 3 days. I know I could go to my local Hardware store for stainless and sometimes I do just that. Other times it is convenient to just order the bolt set and wait for USPS to bring it.

Last edited:
What year is it? Looks like a 74 but that light above the Toyota emblem is throwing me off. Looks really good.
Way back in the early 80’s I grafted a rear tub onto it, because the rust had gotten so bad. The donor truck was a 1970 model. Good eye. Thanks.

SMG door pins installed. I cannot believe how solid the doors feel and sound ( with the windows up😉).
This is the kind of upgrade that pays dividends. Took me about 30-45 minutes.
@SMG door pins= miles of smiles.

Apologies for the noob question @Purpleaction (still learning - only had my 40 for a few months), but what do the SMG pins do to help the door stay tighter (vs OEM)?

@Seamus is correct. Case in point. My 40 had what appeared to me to be newish door pins with plastic bushings
the doors had considerable flex/movement And rattled quite a bit. New pins with bronze bushings. The doors are so much more solid feeling and quiet. Seeing is believing.

@Seamus is correct. Case in point. My 40 had what appeared to me to be newish door pins with plastic bushings
the doors had considerable flex/movement And rattled quite a bit. New pins with bronze bushings. The doors are so much more solid feeling and quiet. Seeing is believing.
Also they are captive with two pieces being screwed together vs a pin pressed in from one side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom