What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any chance of making an “EJECT” knob I could place in one of the empty holes in the dash?

like a black pull knob that says the word EJECT in white font ?

Any chance of making an “EJECT” knob I could place in one of the empty holes in the dash?

I can make a few from my own sample. :)

20200531_012956.jpg

Installed new clutch MC. When I went to install the slave I realized that I should have purchased a new clutch hose. So that half of the project is on hold. Is it true that a brake line will work?

9C99DE7E-FC72-4446-B96D-EBD6FF8837C5.jpeg

Is it true that a brake line will work?

It would work, but that short line needs the ability to move some because of body flex, so you would want to bend in some spiral loops. Easier (and takes up less room) just to use hydraulic hose.

It looks like your original windshield was not tempered (safety glass) by the way it fractured.
And I believe windshields need to be made from tempered glass these days.
I had to design a custom piece of tempered glass at work and found out the hard way that tempered glass cannot be cut.
Your least expensive option is to find someone that stocks one for your vehicle like Safelite. Even cheaper if you had glass replacement in your insurance.
But if that is not the case, you will need to start with annealed temperable glass, cut it to size, and then have it tempered.
This is not that expensive but most glass shops do not have a tempering furnace.
But if you look around in your area, you should be able to find one that does and will cut it to size too.
I know of a place in Tucson but shipping may be an issue.

Im pretty sure fed regulations require windshields to be made out of laminated glass. It suppose to stay together when broken. The 1st layer also takes the initial impact. Tempered glass shatters into small bits, and would fly in the face of the driver while going down the highway.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure fed regulations require windshields to be made out of laminated glass. It suppose to stay together when broken. The 1st layer also takes the initial impact. Tempered glass shatters into small bits, and would fly in the face of the driver while going down the highway.
I stand corrected. I found this here "Also, like laminated glass tempered glass is found in vehicles. While laminated glass is used in the windshield, tempered glass is required for use in car rear windows and passenger seat windows. "

I stand corrected. I found this here "Also, like laminated glass tempered glass is found in vehicles. While laminated glass is used in the windshield, tempered glass is required for use in car rear windows and passenger seat windows. "
Always laminated glass for the front windshield. With tempered glass, it doesn’t take much for a decent sized rock at 60mph to turn the windshield into a million glass fragments all headed towards your face.

Replaced the front spring bushings today, the old OME bushings were reduced to granola. I went back in with OMEs since I had them but next time I’m going to find rubber bushings if they are out there. OME bushings just don’t last and ride firm.

While driving down the freeway yesterday a rock hit the top edge of the windshield :mad:. It knocked top of the windshield out going 65mph. Just a loud bang and more ventilation, I just kept driving home. Now looking for a new windshield:(

View attachment 2324615View attachment 2324616

Cruiser Corps. Because Land Cruiser businesses go the extra mile and get you the parts that can't be found elsewhere.

Cruiser Corps. Because Land Cruiser businesses go the extra mile and get you the parts that can't be found elsewhere.
I was looking at that today. Free shipping also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom