What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (94 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not very busy today, got a custom license plate from customjapaneseplates.com and a license plate holder from CCOT. Will match the custom license plate I will have on the rear. BTW The kanji is supposed to be Toyoda.

View attachment 2269005
Your last post... you will be missed David. RIP.

Front brakes converted from Drum to disc,Rear brakes upgraded from drum to disc, rear axle refresh, locker added, and Nitro cover added. It's a good thing the locker came with the spider gear shaft, the one that came out was shot. Also realized after I took the pics I have the anti inversion shackle flipped. Short end on top..... laces out...

E21831E8-A05B-480E-856D-CCDF45EB612B.jpeg

78F7AECA-FA20-49BA-B9E9-758ECB6E4D9A.jpeg

7096AB42-DBCE-4EAD-BC80-A138913FE817.jpeg

Front brakes converted from Drum to disc,Rear brakes upgraded from drum to disc, rear axle refresh, locker added, and Nitro cover added. It's a good thing the locker came with the spider gear shaft, the one that came out was shot. Also realized after I took the pics I have the anti inversion shackle flipped. Short end on top..... laces out...

View attachment 2275031

View attachment 2275032

View attachment 2275033

Is the nitro cover just some bling or does it have an advantage over stock?

Put this under Iron Yak build thread. Still not sure about weather or not to post in both places.
I have been acquiring items for a tool bag for a while now. Bought a partial set of tools that came with a Toyota Bag that I haven’t seen before Which is tan in color. I also bought a dark waxed canvas roll up bag.
Had my local embroidery shop scan images from Toyota bag and stitch into new bag. I am really happy with the result.

B5B080EE-D928-44F6-A51D-F26B0D49E206.jpeg

922300CF-FEAD-4CE1-8749-C901C910297E.jpeg

B46CF103-FAF3-475E-A810-85F3A0E329ED.jpeg

FF8BC1F1-F4B3-4A01-95F6-AC65F5546E97.jpeg

I don't know much about automobile stereo installation. Actually, I detest it as a whole, it always seems like a hack job, like the piles of cords behind a desktop computer, or entertainment center. I figure that if you are going to hack something, do it in the name of reducing vulnerability, but a stereo really elevates the experience of driving.

So, I repurposed one of the holes for the passenger dash pad to hold a repurposed exhaust hanger for a mounting clip. This 40 has the charm of a chopped stereo hole in the dash, which is fine with me, because I didn't do it. The wire nuts and wires are just a prop; I'm not done, but I ran out of daylight.

GEDC1911.JPG

I have, and can still use, an OEM glove box lamp from City Racer, but, I decided to use a modified, un-polarized, 110V plug for the stereo B+, and ground, so I didn't have to modify the harness, fuse block, or run a wire off the battery. I painted a white mark on top of the plug to maintain orientation of polarity, which isn't necessary for the OEM lamp. The stock harness stereo circuit (with OEM inline fuse) supports switched power leads for the ACC and ILL on the cd player.

GEDC1915.JPG

The right speaker. I could probably go up an inch or so on it, but I like the acoustics here. Although, I really wish not to actually see anything but rust and Toyota on this rig.
GEDC1910.JPG

If I can't have a three-on-the-tree with a bench seat and a tool box under it, so I used the space for hiding the left speaker. I'm running the wires parallel with the one to the rear heater fan, and my choice of modified routing for the fuel tank sender, and reverse light switch.
GEDC1913.JPG

Last edited:
Gave her a little help to cold-start more happily - PO somewhere along the line must have put 6 volt glow plugs in, which are correct for a later model but not this one, so they were probably fried.
20200417_102419.jpg
20200417_102521.jpg
20200417_134409.jpg

Put this under Iron Yak build thread. Still not sure about weather or not to post in both places.
I have been acquiring items for a tool bag for a while now. Bought a partial set of tools that came with a Toyota Bag that I haven’t seen before Which is tan in color. I also bought a dark waxed canvas roll up bag.
Had my local embroidery shop scan images from Toyota bag and stitch into new bag. I am really happy with the result.

View attachment 2275215

View attachment 2275216

View attachment 2275217

View attachment 2275218
That looks great. Please post or PM the embroidery shop website address and or telephone.

I got the rolling tool bag from Readywares.com ($26.99). Big laugh when I discovered the tag on the inside reading “made in China”. The embroidery shop is called 5 Flags Embroidery in Gulf Breeze, Fl. 5flagsembroidery.org 855-459-2717. They charged me $25. And I have right at $50 in the tools. I really prefer
a rolling style bag and this bag is durable and made well. PM me if I can help in any way.

It’s been snowing on and off here lately and the rest of the family refuses to ski anymore. We needed to get out of Dodge, so an hour away are the lava flows. Never been, but had heard rumors of some rocks to play on. So we rounded up some friends And away we went. Burned up a bunch of time on exploring two track and ended up finding a couple places to try out the Orion. New sliders did their job and the wife likes the step.
E9D133D0-9F0D-425A-9101-8AA45D544B66.png

This was just what we needed to get out of our funk here at home.

I recently picked up a 1978 40 with healthy 2F at 127k miles on the 40. Stoked to have the 4 speed and disk brakes. Super clean with a small amount of surface rust. I just bought some new steelies and hubcaps and painted the wheels grey. Slowly cleaning it up and getting it how I want it. Excited to get into the 40 world and feeding into the obsession. ;)
IMG_2980.jpg
IMG_2979.jpg

I recently picked up a 1978 40 with healthy 2F at 127k miles on the 40. Stoked to have the 4 speed and disk brakes. Super clean with a small amount of surface rust. I just bought some new steelies and hubcaps and painted the wheels grey. Slowly cleaning it up and getting it how I want it. Excited to get into the 40 world and feeding into the obsession. ;)
View attachment 2277086View attachment 2277087
Diggin the stripes... :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom