What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure how bad it is yet

First picture is my setup, second one is a bit of a closer look. The seam of the fiberglass top. The driver side ripped, or came undone, or something in between. I was planning on having work done on the top already, as I want to get rid of these diamond plates and there are a couple rust points that I want to address. Hopefully I can find someone to fix the fiberglass :/
Advice and opinions appreciated.

View attachment 2030928

View attachment 2030934
It looks like the fibreglass is still ok. The aluminum rivets holding the steel gutter to the fibreglass top have broken. Remove the sealer and replace the rivets and reseal.

So I expect to see your FJ40 around town when I'm down in Santa Fe, right?
Yes. You can stop by, if you like. I'll need a legit NM license plate, brakes, leaf springs, and tires before I venture past the driveway.

I wish that Mud could have seen me the other day on my bicycle, at the grocery store. I approached the owner of a '72 mustard hardtop 40, which I see quite often, with the classic, 'Hey that is a nice Land Cruiser,' routine. He looked kinda creeped out like, who is this bum in the parking lot? Telling me that he has the same ride as me?

The 40 took me back to the Santa Catalina mountains.
IMG_1387.jpg

The first couple of miles where a climb but worth it.
Heres a shot of Thimble Peak off the Phoneline trail.
IMG_1389.jpg

About 6 miles in I saw a couple of these large (7") Centipedes on the trail.

IMG_1393.jpg

"Defiance", at mile 9 a cool little cacti growing out of a rock crack.

IMG_1394.jpg

The new gear allowed me to carry 249 oz of water. I drank at will and killed 100 oz at mile 7. Made it back to the 40 with 85oz.
Prior to this I used to ration 100oz (camelback) on similar distances. BTW, the temp was 108ºf.
IMG_1398.jpg

If only the 40 had A/C hahaha.

The 40 took me back to the Santa Catalina mountains.
View attachment 2031243
The first couple of miles where a climb but worth it.
Heres a shot of Thimble Peak off the Phoneline trail.
View attachment 2031244

About 6 miles in I saw a couple of these large (7") Centipedes on the trail.

View attachment 2031245

"Defiance", at mile 9 a cool little cacti growing out of a rock crack.

View attachment 2031246

The new gear allowed me to carry 249 oz of water. I drank at will and killed 100 oz at mile 7. Made it back to the 40 with 85oz.
Prior to this I used to ration 100oz (camelback) on similar distances. BTW, the temp was 108ºf.
View attachment 2031247

If only the 40 had A/C hahaha.
Gorgeous country around Tucson. Did you guys get any Monsoon tain yet? First Monsoon shower in Prescott Saturday after I hiked out in Prescott National Forest. Cut the humidity nicely.

18FF3741-408B-4501-8AB8-97463A6FA87B.jpeg

Gorgeous country around Tucson. Did you guys get any Monsoon tain yet? First Monsoon shower in Prescott Saturday after I hiked out in Prescott National Forest. Cut the humidity nicely.

View attachment 2031296

The monsoons are taking their time this year. We've had very little precipitation so far. The thunderheads build then fizzle out and when it does rain (slight) it makes it humid. I'm hopeful brother....

To rockymoutainflyfisher. Listen, this looks just like an addiction. Don't make us come up there and do an intervention! I am sure we could get Imyahucklbrry; Ga Architect and countless others to go up there and take all summer to get you to stop this madness ------ or maybe join you!!!

To rockymoutainflyfisher. Listen, this looks just like an addiction. Don't make us come up there and do an intervention! I am sure we could get Imyahucklbrry; Ga Architect and countless others to go up there and take all summer to get you to stop this madness ------ or maybe join you!!!
Capital idea..... if only to help a fellow mudder with his addiction - it’s the least we could do! 🤣

Capital idea..... if only to help a fellow mudder with his addiction - it’s the least we could do! 🤣

Come join the party fella's! Bring some rods, flip flops, and a box of flies!

There's a lot in store for the next week or so, the first half is in the camper up to the Bob Marshall area with the family, after that I swap back to my 40 and run over to a semi-local "Creek" to spend 3-4 days tossing dry flies to cutthroats again, big cutthroats.

Right now it's just prep on the camper, loaded it up on Sunday, fixed some bad connections here and there, now to run it around and get the truck in shape!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom