What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's a before and after of a rig I did a while back. Build is the 69 in my sig... thought id bring it back up to help inspire those who are struggling with their addiction . :)
Before...
View attachment 1843143

After...
View attachment 1843144
Beautiful, love the Dune Beige. Here is mine before and after.

20180721_192335.jpg

40-4.jpg

Shot Shell Ivory paint at the cap and bezel (sorry the bezel is upside down in the pic, maybe it’s just a misdemeanor offense since it’s not mounted up yet)
Wheels are mounted up, waiting to swap in.
No he din’nt!?
...Yes he did. Quik hinges reporting for duty.
Not pictured: New OEM battery tray.
I’d be more worried about the cap... at that angle it’ll catch a ton of water that’ll dump in you if you stop suddenly. ;)

I started mine on Monday.

Shamefully, that’s all I’ve done with mine since before Thanksgiving.

Hopefully I get some spare time to go out and do a couple things this next couple of weeks. I’m wanting to play with the windshield wipers.

Almost got this thing squared away. Got it out the workshop and gave it a wash to get all the dust off.
Had the carby rebuilt and was best thing I did, runs smooth from idle, and pulls nicely thru the rev range.
Had put a supposedly new radiator in but the drain plug leaked, not from the plug but wasnt welded properly around the actual threaded metal section.
Bought a new one from Terrain Tamer and will get the other fixed as a backup.

Got the jump seat to finish off , a bit of wiring to tidy. Want to make a storage box for passenger side in the rear and be almost done.
Got a factory air con to fit at some stage. Got the compressor mounted but the rest can wait till more funds materialise.

20181220_203736_1545299549844_resized.jpg
20181220_203851_1545299547708_resized.jpg

Not all this week - but over a relatively short period of time -

Installed my Con-Ferr rear bench.

Designed some brackets and had them fabricated at a local shop so I can install shoulder belts for my boys (6 and 4 and 1) to ride in the back (notice they’re drilled so belts can be moved up as they grow).

Finally bought some OEM steelies and had 33 BFGs installed! Just need to mount them up!

View attachment 1857192

View attachment 1857193

View attachment 1857194
Very nice. Any pictures of the brackets installed?

Turned on and broke in the cam on my newly rebuilt SBC! now I'm boxing it all up for a year. Building a tiny home in that shop this year.

I restored a 84140-59620 Floor Dimmer switch , this was Both a Mechanical & a Cosmetic ................

My Plug & Play format includes x 2 OEM 6mm Hex bolts , ( these are fender to Bib 90119-06074 ) , also Marine Grade stainless steel 4mm #2

Phillips head machine screws for the electrical wires brass lugs . Post mechanical & clean up , I polished the Entire Aluminum Housing out

to " Bright " with Mothers Marine . Finally the switch was Treated to a generous coat on Low Luster Marine Grade clear Low Temp. Baked on

The switch bench tested perfectly both pre & post restore

DSCN9241.JPG
DSCN9244.JPG
DSCN9247.JPG
DSCN9249.JPG

How'd you get them cleaned up? What paint did you use? I'll be restoring the rear belts from my '76 FJ40 to go in my '71 FJ40 project.

I used Greased Lightning cleaner and hot water on the webbing, and CLR on the buckles and metal parts. I scrubbed the CLR on the buckles with a Scotchbrite sponge and did a little rust removal on the worst condition buckle with a Dremel w/ wire brush. I thought about trying to remove the black cover from the buckle to paint, but I was afraid of breaking it, so I used Testor's gloss black model paint and applied it with a small model brush. This was my first attempt at doing this, and I was pleased with the results. We will see how well the paint holds up, but it should be okay with the limited use the buckles will receive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom