What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (66 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spent 2 days squaring the tub to fenders. AGAIN.... got it down to 1mm
Differens but I am getting a new bonnet to see if mine is not the problem.
There is a uneven shape in the opening at the radiator.
37CAF277-D976-463F-A8EC-456C47820E87.jpeg

3346ADFF-FB14-4533-9D8B-FEDCDE8D06D5.jpeg

609D1BA1-3825-4E21-9A17-C3F1293F997B.jpeg

Looking good, but that bonnet shape is a bit weird. Have you managed to get hold of the two round white reflectors that go in the holes above the bezzle. I have tried everywhere but nobody seems to make them anymore. It seems to be an SA spec thing. Maybe Car-van-truck? If you do find a source please keep me in mind.

Looking good, but that bonnet shape is a bit weird.
It looks like the bonnet is tweaked, as if it was bent upwards a bit along the front lip on the passenger side. Are there any upward dips in the lip near that side? If so, straightening the lip might help pull that side down a little closer towards the top of the bib.

Finally took care of something that has bothered me since the day I bought it. New rear frame rail from @Awl_TEQ. Still needs fasteners in this picture, but the hard part is done.

Before:

img_1121-jpg.1756090

After:

img_1215-jpg.1756091

My desert find fj40 is getting closer to getting on the road. Carb rebuilt, installed, alt, starter, coil, plugs, wires. New hoses, fuel system cleaned out, new rubber lines, cooler lines.

New seat covers, foam, rear mat, weatherstrip, door felt, and other random bits.

Poured some mystery oil in the cylinders. Let that do it’s thing after turning the flywheel. Then fired it up. 10 plus years of sitting on a flatbed in pieces and it runs.

Checking wires and switches. My heater fuse pops every time I turn the key. It’s not the blower. Unplugged that and still no go. Switches are off too. Going to have to pull heater switches and check them out. Looks like I’ll be chasing wires for a few days.

Lights:
Started with just headlights working. Cleaned some connectors and grounds and I now have every light but headlights. Irritating as hell. I may add an extra ground from the headlights and see if that does anything.

Also no turn signals. But I’m guessing my steering column switch is bad on that.

Need to bleed brake lines and clutch line. Put new tires and should be drivable. Luckily I have the other correct rim and a correct spare that should make it all match. I have the original hubcaps too.

Any light ideas or heater ideas are welcome. Going to be messing with that for a few days.

Someone will end up with a nice patina ride when I’m done.

21F92FAA-821A-4671-84A9-F75DF48F417D.jpeg

C738E4C7-CD71-45C0-83D4-E203BCFC3BCF.jpeg

543F5E2D-3E0D-49EE-836C-4310917D3F5C.jpeg

Chasing wires--I can identify with that; such a simple schematic but so much that can prevent operation. Like you and I said in recent posts--bad grounds, bad connections are well over the vast majority of electrical issues on these rigs. Something to be said for satisfaction of "hey, honey, I got the license plate light to work"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom