Builds Wyoming HE Build (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been thinking about getting a 200 for several years now but kept talking myself out of it for several reasons. I finally decided to pull the trigger since the dealer offered new purchase price as trade in value for my 2 year old Truck. Timing seemed right. No more cruisers in the US helped persuade me too. Although I really think they'll be bringing them back after they build hype and anticipation. Anyway, had the new cruiser for a few days before I had the time to get it out in the woods. Unfortunately it was a rainy day and I found more mud than i would have liked. I've owned many Toyotas and multiple landcruisers, but never have done a build thread. Figured maybe I'd start now.

Immediate plans were:
BP51 and a little larger tires.
Slee Sliders
Arb Bumper and winch.
Twin Compressor install
RedArc Trailer Brakes

But, no one has anything in stock right now. So I guess I'll hurry up and wait.

This one I plan to have as my daily driver for a while. I usually drive a vintage cruiser when the weather is decent and a more modern vehicle as my daily, especially in the winter as the old ones are so prone to rust. It's been fun so far to be in a cruiser everyday. Maybe years down the road when the mods escalate further It'll be a dedicated offroader. We'll see.

IMG_3220.jpg

Last edited:
One of my first thoughts driving this home was that it feels like a way improved FJ60. I've had my 40 for years, then restored a 55 and have also owned an HJ45 and other 40s. I always thought the 60s were cool, but never had a huge desire to own one. Then a friend that had a really nice one decided to sell and I couldn't pass it up. Then I found out I love the 60. But then, I love them all.

Anyway, 60 has a similar drivers position and a large roomy cargo area and I love the drop tailgate when out exploring or chilling at the lake. So it's cool to be driving a modern version with much more power. They aren't too far off in overall size either.
IMG_3175.jpg

My first mod that I was able to find in stock came all the way from Australia from a fellow forum member @Brendan. He makes a light kit for your rear hatch shown on other threads.

I received it from Australia in a couple of weeks. 2 Minute install, no splicing plug and play. Worst part was scraping my fat hands fishing the wires into the hatch. You could probably build something like this, but it was worth the cost for the time savings and to have the unit set up with correct plugs already mounted to the access plate.

IMG_3243 (1).jpg

Light really lights up the tailgate area and is really handy when hooking up a trailer too.

IMG_3249.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats. Sweet 60 series. I feel the same about my 80 series. Funny how certain land cruiser traits are universal across multiple series. Ehrich Toyota in Greeley CO?

Also was able to get the trailer brake controller kit and switch blank from Redarc. Install was quite simple. I installed on the right side of the steering wheel because that is where it has always been in my trucks. But i had to use the only switch blank there which i hoped to use for additional USB chargers, so I guess I'll have to figure out something else for that.

Once the controller was installed I figured it was time to test it out so I hooked up the trailer with 4 sleds inside. It towed just as well as the Raptor I had before. Although the raptor had a lot more sag. I do plan to install some airbags though which should help with stability.

IMG_3242.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats. Sweet 60 series. I feel the same about my 80 series. Funny how certain land cruiser traits are universal across multiple series. Ehrich Toyota in Greeley CO?
yes they are in Greeley. They actually have a sister dealership in Laramie WY, so they delivered it to Laramie and I drove down there to pick it up. That saved me about 5 hrs of driving. They made it super easy, I was in and out in 10 minutes.

And I agree about the universal traits. I actually came really close to buying an 80 the week before the 200. My dad had an 80 back when they first came out. Gutless, but I loved it.

Last edited:
Installed a Naviplus unit with steering controls and wireless add on. Installation was pretty straightforward and it seems like everything works. One bummer is that I had to move my red arc trailer brake controller to the left of the steering wheel so that I could use that blank for the USB port required for wired CarPlay.
78FC6475-BB11-471F-B3F8-E60E1B6CE4A8.jpeg

I was pretty intimidated about running the mic up by the rear view mirror like I have seen done, it actually was pretty easy using to panel pry tools to pry and stuff inside the headliner. Overall no big deal, but a time consuming install. I like the simplicity of CarPlay for communication and use of Spotify so I’m glad this kit was available. It will be cool to have Gaia maps on the big screen too.
523BA404-F0CF-46D7-9B0D-2073DF445494.jpeg

3405068A-7BFC-435C-959D-82909F944925.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally received my compressor and Slee mount. Installation was a lot more time consuming that I expected as there is some fine tuning that had to be done to get the correct clearance around the compressor to not rub against other components and still allow you to remove the fuse box cover. Wiring next.

416F0C58-A9A9-4255-A6D4-297E898C4C78.jpeg

Looks great.

Friendly advice: double check that you have good clearance around the SAIC controller wires, and the diagonal brace of the Slee compressor bracket, and if not, adjust the bracket that holds them (it has some wiggle room). I’d also recommend wire protection sheathing. Several of us have had the wires wear through and damage the SAIC controllers. Slee said they made changes to help avoid this, but I always figure that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Looks great.

Friendly advice: double check that you have good clearance around the SAIC controller wires, and the diagonal brace of the Slee compressor bracket, and if not, adjust the bracket that holds them (it has some wiggle room). I’d also recommend wire protection sheathing. Several of us have had the wires wear through and damage the SAIC controllers. Slee said they made changes to help avoid this, but I always figure that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Thank you, yes I was concerned about that. It’s a tight fit down underneath, I’m not sure how, but it seems that lower bracket coul have been designed a little different to make sure no damage happens. I just installed that this morning and planned to check in on it to make sure it doesn’t shift. I almost bagged that mount to look for something else.

BP51 installed with 275/70R18 BFG K02. I had ordered spacer for the rear from @cruiseroutfit, but ended up installing without. Sitting on 2721 rear springs. I wish I would have remembered to take some measurements before the install to compare with after, but I forgot. Feels like the front is 4" higher than before, rear maybe 1/2" to 1" gain. Looks much better in my opinion.

Also forgot to mention a week or two ago I had the front windows tinted to match the rears - well as close as they could. Mrs. was baffled why I would do that. After riding in it for 10 minutes after tint she asked me to make an appointment for her XC90, ha ha. Not sure why she never noticed I have done that in several of my past vehicles, but I'll never understand her, so.

IMG-3437.jpg

IMG-3439.jpg

Last edited:
If you need OEM toyota parts, Brandt at Phil Meador Toyota in Pocatello Idaho is your guy. (208-238-1300) He's helped me with a lot of things over the years, but while the lift was getting installed he brought in a matching 5th wheel for me. Kinda lame the HE comes with a base model wheel for the spare. And yes, that is my old rusty rear floor from my '79 FJ40 in the background.

IMG-3456.jpg

BP51 installed with 275/70R18 BFG K02. I had ordered spacer for the rear from @cruiseroutfit, but ended up installing without. Sitting on 2721 rear springs. I wish I would have remembered to take some measurements before the install to compare with after, but I forgot. Feels like the front is 4" higher than before, rear maybe 1/2" to 1" gain. Looks much better in my opinion.

View attachment 2712864

View attachment 2712866

Beautiful pics and nice looking Cruiser! I also own a Blizzard 21 HE and have been debating about what to do with the front suspension. I think I am going to just do the OE spacers for now. Any alignment issues with your set up?

Thanks! I also used the SPC upper control arms. Installer said they made it super easy to get aligned. I've only had it lifted for a day but so far no alignment issues. Congrats on your new cruiser. I suspect you're loving it like I am mine. I debated just doing the spacer too but ended up doing the lift for several reasons.

Any chance you'd be willing to measure from the ground at the center of the wheel up to the middle of the top of the wheel well on each tire on yours? Are you still on stock tires? I forgot to measure mine before taking it in, just curious how much lift I ended up with.

What preload did you set the front at?
I left the front the way it came from OME which is supposed to be set up for bumper and winch which I hope to have soon. The front definitely rides a little stiff and I don’t like it, but hopefully the bumper and winch weight resolves that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom