What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reunited and it feels so good!

C782476C-6EF0-426F-A866-3D10B06A212C.jpeg

my rear shocks are longer than the front, about 2 inches. what is the part number on the shock itself? i can see it starts with 600.

Put the hard top on, installed the jump seats and cleaned the OEM floor mats... none of that had been done in 2 years. My boys were going :banana: :banana: :banana:'s in the jumpseats... gotta source some seat belts pronto.

This thread is full of so much awesome.

I’ve had a couple major papers due so I haven’t played with the cruiser much. I was able to tinker with the door panels though. I’ve positioned and cut the holes for my central locking and power window switches. So I guess that something!

DE3C4329-F553-4412-9DCB-11E9DBFBD04A.jpeg

FC19295C-75C8-4265-B384-75A4AC3645E2.jpeg

38D95582-96A8-46EE-953F-F0674C9C85BA.jpeg

I put a new weber carburetor on about a six weeks ago . It ran a100% better but I had not changed the points since I bought it 5 years ago. They finally gave up. If I could get it to start it would miss and back fire. So after not being able to find a mechanic that wanted to fool with it I finally research on how to do it . I dove in this morning did what they said and now I have no spark from the plug wires . Pius none coming out the coil. So I picked up and I will deal with it later

Had that happen to me once, found that one of the wires connecting the points was touching the dizzy wall...just had to bend the connection it in a bit and then she fired right up. Not long after that I gave up on points and put a Mallory unilite kit in.....runs so much better now.

Had that happen to me once, found that one of the wires connecting the points was touching the dizzy wall...just had to bend the connection it in a bit and then she fired right up. Not long after that I gave up on points and put a Mallory unilite kit in.....runs so much better now.

I was running an old Mallory dual point on my SBC for years points worked fine with correct gap and dwell. Upgraded to the unilite and man what a difference. Ran so much better through the rpms after that.

I finally wrapped up converting Lamar to 4 wheel, power assisted brakes. It started out all stock for the 1965 build with wheel flanges, drums all around, coarse spline axles and single circuit master cylinder. I got tired of the wheel cylinders failing and always having to pump brakes. I never could get them adjusted just right.

This is before:
IMG_9470.jpg

I also sent the sloppy steering gear box and warped big window carb to @65swb45 for a rebuild of those.

I swapped in some refreshed axles from a 78 piggy with a rear disk conversion.
IMG_9603.jpg

...along with reman'd calipers, 555 TREs, OME shocks and springs from @cruiseroutfit.

I decided to re-use the OEM hard line along the frame but plumbed the rest with NiCu:

IMG_9655.jpg

A master cylinder from a 96 4Runner and booster from a Geo topped it off (see the clean a straight carb in the background?):
IMG_9652.jpg

I'm not the cleanest with gasket maker...never have been.

With the new suspension, steering and brakes, this drives like a completely new vehicle. There are still a few rattles and I still can't get it to accelerate smoothly without a bit of choke (I think my dizzy might need a rebuild or replace) but I'm loving it.

This guy can't get enough of it either:

IMG_9662.jpg

@Nothinghead , sounds like the same road I'm going down right now. What spacer did you use for the booster or did you cut the rib? Hard to tell from the photo. Only difference is I have a 2 barrel carb. Not sure if it will all fit no matter what spacer I use.

@Nothinghead , sounds like the same road I'm going down right now. What spacer did you use for the booster or did you cut the rib? Hard to tell from the photo. Only difference is I have a 2 barrel carb. Not sure if it will all fit no matter what spacer I use.

I used @65swb45 ’s spacer from marksoffroad.net. The bolt pattern for the mc is slightly smaller for the geo booster so I had to drill new holes. I did not cut the rib:
5355C9C4-D72C-4A24-8A72-7C5221FF6C92.jpeg

8D0B7C9C-8E52-48B3-85A1-9C25ACDBCE1E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom