What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced 15 year old radiator, t state and hoses. Changed oil and filter.

Was the radiator leaking, or just preventative maintenance? Just curious. I think the radiator on my 80-series went at about 15 years old.

Small cracks in tanks causing slow leak. Time to replace it. T state and hoses were stock as well.

Ordered TYC rad from Amazon. $178. Came in a Koyorad box. Side bracket had slight bend in it. I negotiated a $45 refund and bent bracket back. Everything fits perfectly. KOYO radiator for $ 133.

Replaced 17 yr. old rad on 80 few weeks ago leaking same way.

Installed a Front Runner roof rack

IMAG0182.jpg

Finally got rid of some gold and chrome. I think I'm getting good at the dippin' so next is faded side moldings and rear emblems.
C812CD41-927A-4294-A7CA-C1EFA61CF6BA.jpg

Quick shot as the princess was leaving for work :princess:
This is exactly what I want to do. Any pics of the side moldings and rear emblems? Any tips?

Hello :)

Did a few jobs on the 100 over the last few weeks.......

Front Runner Rack:clap:]

I noticed you only used mounting 3 feet per side. Any particular reason? Is that the slimline 2 or wind cheetah?

Previous shocks were completely sandblasted from whatever gets thrown off my front tires. Rather than let the new shocks suffer the same fate, decided to try some low budget fixes.

First, some generic mud flaps on the front with some cool mountain peaks printed on them. That should help the truck blend in on an upcoming trip to Colorado, I suppose. Hopefully they don't get ripped off quite as quickly as the last attempt I made at mud flaps.

mudflapmountain.jpg

Next up, super-cheap rear shock guards made from some rubber grip sticker stuff (found near above mud flaps at local auto parts store) and a couple hose clamps. Not the most elegant solution, but far cheaper and more immediately available than anything I could find.

shockguard.jpg

I noticed you only used mounting 3 feet per side. Any particular reason? Is that the slimline 2 or wind cheetah?

Bit of a story to this rack.
Bought from eBay, new, listed for the 100 series etc.
Turns out it is an early Front Runner rack, the welded together ones not the modular one they sell now, and also not for the 100!
I had to drill new holes in the rails to match the bolt holes in the roof, the wind deflector isn't the correct one and it did only come with 3 feet per side!
I didn't realise that it should have 4?
Seems very solid as it is. Apart from the hassle fitting it I'm pleased, and I did get it for a good price. :cheers:

Trying to find out what the wind deflector should look like so I can make one.
I think it should run the whole width of the rack.

The new ones should have 4. See pics of mine a few posts up in this thread.

Previous shocks were completely sandblasted from whatever gets thrown off my front tires. Rather than let the new shocks suffer the same fate, decided to try some low budget fixes. . . Next up, super-cheap rear shock guards made from some rubber grip sticker stuff (found near above mud flaps at local auto parts store) and a couple hose clamps. Not the most elegant solution, but far cheaper and more immediately available than anything I could find.

Check w/ Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters - ~$30. Although OME, will probably fit other shocks.

See part way down this page - Rear Shock Stone Guard (OME661)

image.jpg
Added a manual isolation override switch to my T-Max so when I use solar to charge my Aux battery, the system does not link and charge both batteries.

I purchased this solar panel kit. Hopefully it will work to keep the yellow top charged when using the arb fridge!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFCNFRM/?tag=ihco-20

This is exactly what I want to do. Any pics of the side moldings and rear emblems? Any tips?
Hey man, I have to admit I've been lazy on getting that done. Haven't even bought more 'dip yet as my fiance has been enjoying the Cruiser :( I'm honestly thinking of doing the center section of the hood now too, as it's beginning to fade a bit by the windshield. As for tips, there's plenty good how-to post/videos online that I've read/watched to learn before going at it. The main thing I'd say is if you're doing masking for an edge, after you get your last coat on there pull the masking off. I was testing out working with a masked edge on some plastic I had around and did not get a good edge at all when I let it dry before pulling the masking. Screwing up isn't really a concern as it will just peel off, but I'm not a fan of waste so I practiced off the truck first. I guess that's wasted in a sense but it made me feel better lol.

Switched back to 16s with 265/70 R 16 Michelin Cross Terrains. I had forgotten how smooth and quiet the LC was. Trying to decide which 285s to go with. Leaning towards BFG ATs. I always remember them as pretty quiet.

Last edited:
Check w/ Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters - ~$30. Although OME, will probably fit other shocks.

See part way down this page - Rear Shock Stone Guard (OME661)

I looked at those from OME, but they seem to clamp to lower part of the the shock housing...which the Icons don't have. So, only option would be something that attaches to the upper portion (like my cheapo solution) or by using the lower shock mounting bolt. Icon sells something like that, at least for the FJ Cruiser shocks they make, but I didn't see anything similar for the 100 and didn't want to wait...am leaving for a trip from San Diego through Arizona, into Colorado, and back through southern Utah in a few days. If my home made solution survives that trip, I'll call it a win!

Finished up my fridge install and wiring today. And as per @SanDiegoCruiser recommendation, redid my shelf/jerry can holder to better organize storage in the back. Here's a quick shot of the wiring coming out of the aux fuse panel behind the OEM subwoofer grille:
IMG_2302.JPG

And here's a shot of the ARB fridge, ARB slide and jerry can holder/shelf/dog divider:
IMG_2309.JPG

A few more photos and a write-up of the fridge/slide/wiring install can be found here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom