What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got some goodies in the mail today. My AC drain line extension from @CruiserGarage and some mud swag

5BF750B1-5EAE-4C3F-8472-3F1F5DCCFF1B.jpeg

Got my YotaMD UZJ100 key case today. Really happy with it!
key_back.jpg

Added middle skid and new rubber...
20210904_195819495_iOS.jpg
20210904_232613076_iOS.jpg

Corona / Rollins Road to the Continental Divide around Winter Park, CO. Easy trail but still a fun way to kill some time.
That's my neck of the woods! Hiked all over up there, back in my dumbass days I use to take my subaru(which was lowered the first few times, does way better after it got a lift), never bounced my head off the roof of a vehicle more times anywhere else. It's an easy trail but honestly I hate some those sections with all the small rocks.

Installed the cruiser garage ac drain extension. I thought this was going to be a fairly easy task, but the factory drain pipe thought otherwise. I had a heck of a time trying to get the 90 degree elbow into the hose. Probably because of the heat cycle etc the diameter of the drain pipe shrunk just enough to make life a loving hell to put in that 90 degree elbow. Butt I managed to get it on albeit not as seated as I would like but it'll do for now.

Installed the cruiser garage ac drain extension. I thought this was going to be a fairly easy task, but the factory drain pipe thought otherwise. I had a heck of a time trying to get the 90 degree elbow into the hose. Probably because of the heat cycle etc the diameter of the drain pipe shrunk just enough to make life a loving hell to put in that 90 degree elbow. Butt I managed to get it on albeit not as seated as I would like but it'll do for now.
I had the same issues. I found that reaching up from under the vehicle worked best vs. coming in from the top. Even still, I couldn’t get it to seat right. There just wasn’t enough resistance from the hose nub for the 90 deg elbow to go in all the way. I eventually used some white lithium grease to get it to go in all the way.

I had the same issues. I found that reaching up from under the vehicle worked best vs. coming in from the top. Even still, I couldn’t get it to seat right. There just wasn’t enough resistance from the hose nub for the 90 deg elbow to go in all the way. I eventually used some white lithium grease to get it to go in all the way.
I thought about lubing it up and should have done that. You're absolutely right, the nub gave way too much for you to be able to jam it on.

I went from underneath as well as going from up top was interesting at best. Maybe I'll squirt some silicone lube and give it another try later

Am I dreaming? Was lifting the front end and leveling out the Cruiser really this easy?

After picking up a 30mm socket from O’Reilly’s, I got to work. All adjustments made with both front wheels off the ground and supports under the frame. Tires were at ambient temperature and pressure was equalized before starting.

Before:
+ Driver's side was 34.5" floor to fender
+ Passenger side was 34.75"

After:
+ 5 1/4 turns on the driver's side and 4 turns on the passenger side netted 36" floor to fender on both sides, which is about the same as the rears or just under
+ Droop range was 76.2 mm which is more than the 55 mm minimum.

Did I do it right?

Alignment up next.

79F54217-8881-45DA-BD75-956F628BA75F.jpeg

Last edited:
Generally the measurements are taken from hub center to fender edge- before & after. Most do it this way which makes it more consistent for others to reference/compare against- especially to measure droop.

Generally the measurements are taken from hub center to fender edge- before & after. Most do it this way which makes it more consistent for others to reference/compare against- especially to measure droop.
For the droop I did measure from the top of the cap to the fender.

Also now reading up on the rake and what’s ideal.

lc100200.jpg

My girlfriends new 2002 with my 2019.

So far I've :

-Knocked out those heater tees
-Changed oil (Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w-30), transfer case fluid, transmission fluid, added red coolant.
- Lubed the sunroof cables with lithium based WD-40
- Replaced Fuel Filter
- New fuses in the battery terminal
- Drove the s**t out of it..........:cool:

That's my neck of the woods! Hiked all over up there, back in my dumbass days I use to take my subaru(which was lowered the first few times, does way better after it got a lift), never bounced my head off the roof of a vehicle more times anywhere else. It's an easy trail but honestly I hate some those sections with all the small rocks.

Yah, they are annoying. I aired down to smooth those sections out and keep my speed up. Was passing the weekend warriors that way in their F-150's. :)

Am I dreaming? Was lifting the front end and leveling out the Cruiser really this easy?

After picking up a 30mm socket from O’Reilly’s, I got to work. All adjustments made with both front wheels off the ground and supports under the frame. Tires were at ambient temperature and pressure was equalized before starting.

Before:
+ Driver's side was 34.5" floor to fender
+ Passenger side was 34.75"

After:
+ 5 1/4 turns on the driver's side and 4 turns on the passenger side netted 36" floor to fender on both sides, which is about the same as the rears or just under
+ Droop range was 76.2 mm which is more than the 55 mm minimum.

Did I do it right?

Alignment up next.

View attachment 2780507
After driving it around last night, I checked floor to fender measurement again this morning…

Driver’s side:
CCF56D7B-ABBE-4E8C-B725-CCB726F55CED.jpeg

Passenger’s side:
2F342E4B-2CB3-4541-A3BC-FF47C06745B9.jpeg

Yah, they are annoying. I aired down to smooth those sections out and keep my speed up. Was passing the weekend warriors that way in their F-150's. :)
Smooth move, yeah that road can be a warrior magnet. Cool history up there, with the railroad stuff but more so there's also ancient Ute hunting blinds all over those peaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom