What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! So I'm curious, what the PSI readings pump on: Engine off? idling? and 5 minutes after shut down?

Hey Paul,

Engine on (idling) 47 psi. Haven't had time to test it in other modes. Just threw it on there today and went to doing other things, but I'll make note of it and post back when I can.

Took her up to a job site so I could map it with a drone and take progress photos. Got to play with some cool toys while I was there

4CEC6819-2593-47BC-B8D4-6BF2A23958E6.jpeg

On my way there I captured the very unfortunate rollover accident during an Arkansas National Guard convoy. Luckily no injuries. How do you flip a humvee? I have no idea...

6BAF5AB8-0991-4B1C-A276-F6B1DBF33A53.jpeg

717E8F42-569F-4EDA-A1F1-279EE2A2B99B.jpeg

Furniture sliders? Why not correct what the manufacturer should have done and countersink the holes and use some flat head cap screws?

View attachment 2604797
That was actually my plan before I even ordered. I wanted to see how it went together first. Even with my carpet mocked up, the plastic flap still hits the latches. All parts would need to be recessed for the flap not to catch. I'll see what I can make happen tomorrow.

On my way there I captured the very unfortunate rollover accident during an Arkansas National Guard convoy. Luckily no injuries. How do you flip a humvee? I have no idea...

^^^^

Easy: 'National Guard'. 'nuff said.

If I had to guess....I would imagine 'trailer sway' and a piss poor driver. But who knows.

Slow build is progressing...slowly.

After a new steering rack and rear brakes last summer, finally getting to more fun stuff. Experimenting with OME 866s and 30mm spacers, pretty happy with the ride but haven’t had a chance to flex it yet. Diff drop went on in November and the front is dialed to 21.5”, seems happy there. Tires are still rubbing plastic pretty good with the spacers, need to fix that one of these days.

OEM Clear corners from @ranma21 to replace a busted corner lamp, put in a Sherpa 4x4 12k winch with synthetic, fresh front diff bushings sitting in a box waiting for a free day.

Now to find some time for a desert trip ASAP!

B6889E70-75D6-451B-A12B-39A1B04A3917.jpeg

E73350AF-660B-479E-B0A2-E91B97659F69.jpeg

554EC316-B93B-410A-BCBC-DD445B2F0000.jpeg

58F57263-7700-4796-82A7-61B18830CDDD.jpeg

put in a Sherpa 4x4 12k winch with synthetic, fresh front diff bushings sitting in a box waiting for a free day.

Nice winch. Heavy Duty......you'll like it.

Installed a Fuel Pressure Gauge (permanent fixture).

When traveling I don't have a lot of tools with me (just basic emergency stuff) and it can be hard to diagnose a fuel pump/fuel pressure problem. Since a connection to the fuel rail on a 2UZ-FE is right up front (unlike the buried one on a 1FZ-FE) I thought I'd just install a gauge there and not have to carry a tester. You could as easily install just a plain adapter.

View attachment 2605075

I have the original banjo bolt in my tool kit in case I ever spring a leak with this set up.

To begin with I noticed the hole in the OEM Banjo Bolt was larger (and also chamfered) than with my adapter....so I remedied that by enlarging the hole and chamfering it to match.

View attachment 2605076

Then using new crush washers I installed the adapter (Banjo Bolt w/45° Elbow).

View attachment 2605082

Next....the Pressure Gauge itself:

View attachment 2605083

And then testing the unit and checking for leaks

View attachment 2605085
Nice work- whats the operating temp range the gauge is rated for? Will it loose accuracy to engine heat and hold up to under hood temps?

Nice work- whats the operating temp range the gauge is rated for? Will it loose accuracy to engine heat and hold up to under hood temps?

ALL gauges (particularly liquid filled) will be affected by temperature and altitude. With respect to temperature you can expect to see about 1% of total scale reading for every 50° temp change. This particular gauge should hold up fine to temps of about 190-200°F, but over time even that could darken the Glycerin.

So we will see what it does this Summer. Worse case, I will just plug the adapter with an 1/8" NPT brass plug and keep a new gauge in my toolbox to screw into it when/if I need to check pressures. I will keep an eye on this and report back my findings.

Excellent questions. 👍

Replacing side cargo window gaskets and trim to stop a water leak. I like the work view though!
E91F5723-8C01-47BF-A24F-AB752CCB6388.jpeg

I just installed a new OEM panhard bar and new SPC rear lower control arms. Both were super easy. I also mitigated some surface rust at the frame connection points. I don't have enough time today to install the Icon stage 2s, Nitro front UCAs, and OEM front UCA bushings. Hopefully the weather cooperates next weekend. It's sunny and in the mid fifties today!

SPC rear lower control arms
Curious what the actual perks to these are, given they don’t provide any adjustability? SPC says they’re stronger and have one bushing that allows “more flex” than the OEM arms. Any proof of this?

Curious what the actual perks to these are, given they don’t provide any adjustability? SPC says they’re stronger and have one bushing that allows “more flex” than the OEM arms. Any proof of this?
No proof whatsoever that I know of. They were cheap, I didn't want to run stiff aftermarket bushings, it sounded like a pain to resize holes for 80 series bushings, and it didn't sound like adjustable lower arms had much benefit. My understanding was that adjustable upper arms were more important. I talked to someone at cruiser outfitters a while back and that was the feedback that I got, although that was a while ago so I may be remembering incorrectly.
***ETA: I just checked my invoice for the SPCs, and they were $236 with free shipping for the pair.

Last edited:
No proof whatsoever that I know of. They were cheap, I didn't want to run stiff aftermarket bushings, it sounded like a pain to resize holes for 80 series bushings, and it didn't sound like adjustable lower arms had much benefit. My understanding was that adjustable upper arms were more important. I talked to someone at cruiser outfitters a while back and that was the feedback that I got, although that was a while ago so I may be remembering incorrectly.
I just took the first drive, and my rig feels so much more planted! The old rubber was pretty cracked, but I'm shocked what a difference it makes under acceleration and over bumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom