Scored 2007 LC W/63K No AHC Clean. Adding Lift, Sliders & skids! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2001LC

SILVER Star
Threads
Meet "Merlot" a 2007 Land Cruiser w/63K Black Garnet Pearl which came from factory without AHC. Found this one in south central TX.

I jumped on this one fast when I saw color, miles, year and no AHC. I've really developed a love for this color, it is very cool as it changes with lighting.

Had a really great drive back to Denver, as it handle like new. Side trip on way back to see another, about 100 miles west into mountains. Driving mountain roads was pleasure as it really hugged the road, so that was fun.

After clean up and fender flares removed:
10 (5).JPG

IMG_3379 (1024x768).jpg
Underside looks good, some areas better than others.
undercarrige (4).JPG

Have yet to see if DVD players work, never use myself.
Interior (2).JPG

First I've seen with Rocker panels to molding paint gray to match trim/bumpers. This was pre purchase picture I received.
IMG_3381 (1024x768).jpg

Index:
Hood struts page #4 post # 67
Re-clamping front drive shaft boots starts post # 68
Wheel bearings starting post # 76
Brakes starting on page #3 post #78
Steering Page #4 post # 90.
Head cover bolt re-torquing Page #6 post #102
Lubing Propeller shafts slide yokes & Spiders Page #6 post #108

Last edited:
AND another thread of yours I’m Subd to as to see what you do with it!

Love your stuff broi!

Last edited:
Reactions: BCM
Wow another great find, hell thats a barn find!! Beautiful cars find their rightful owners.

That’s a great find! Congrats!

AND another thread of yours CI'm Subd to as to see what you do with it!

Love your stuff broi!

Wow another great find, hell thats a barn find!! Beautiful cars find their rightful owners.
Thank's guys for jointing the thread.

As with all my finds I don't keep them anymore, it goes to first person that gives me a deposit. Then they decide on any extra that they may like done, beyond getting to factory spec.

This one was owned by the marketing manager for a dealership and his wife, really was her Land cruiser. Even the scent in it is fantastic, so good I don't want to clean as I might remove it. But I will clean!

As with each, they do bring new challenges and I learn a little more. I've still some stuff to workout, but I really like it.;)

My first change is actually the weather as it cold here and getting colder. This really slows my fun/work down.:(

I went from a 99 to 2007 this year. I can’t believe how low your miles are! I can’t decide if you are most lucky for the year, miles or AHC. If it didn’t have Nav, I’d buy a lottery ticket as well.

As with all my finds I don't keep them anymore, it goes to first person that gives me a deposit. Then they decide on any extra that they may like done, beyond getting to factory spec.

This one was owned by the marketing manager for a dealership and his wife, really was her Land cruiser. Even the scent in it is fantastic, so good I don't want to clean as I might remove it. But I will clean!

As with each, they do bring new challenges and I learn a little more. I've still some stuff to workout, but I really like it.;)

My first change is actually the weather as it cold here and getting colder. This really slows my fun/work down.:(

Sounds like that garage addition needs to happen...

nice!!!!

Great find! The BGP is a beautiful color, and I'm looking at an '05 in the same color. Any mods planned?

I went from a 99 to 2007 this year. I can’t believe how low your miles are! I can’t decide if you are most lucky for the year, miles or AHC. If it didn’t have Nav, I’d buy a lottery ticket as well.
Lottery ticket! Well, if I combine last three with of past years; The Unicorn, The Black Knight, GrayBird with Merlot. WELL" It's better than the lottery for someone with my sickness for Land Cruiser's ;)

Sounds like that garage addition needs to happen...
Man O Man, that sounds so good!

Beautiful!
Thank you for saying that, I agree.

Are you gonna remove the fender flares Paul? If so, beware.
Yes, Best to stop the damage now. What do you think of the Gray paint below molding on doors, have you seen that before?

That is a very interesting color. Nice find!
This color really pops once cut, polished and waxed. It changes with light. Here's The Black Knight after for effect:
016.JPG
010.JPG
042.JPG

Wow, heck of a find! Very unique truck!
Thank you. I think so as well!:)

Indeed!!! and thank you.

Great find! The BGP is a beautiful color, and I'm looking at an '05 in the same color. Any mods planned?
There is a 05 in PA someone posted in mud, did you see?
I jumped on fast, but passed due to a little to much rust for me. Otherwise i'd have given LOA w/deposit already and be on a plane soon! It's low mile and they only want ~$18K.

No I don't do mods unless the boss (whomever gives me LOA w/deposit) ask me to. My thing is to take back to as close to stock as day it came from factory that is reasonable. I don't even like the DVD's and flares, as they're not actual put on in Japan.

I was wondering the exact same thing. Paul, can't wait to see how it turns out.
This one, as with all has some issues with paint chips. Although I'd rather not see chips or flares, they don't stop me from buying. I work to remove any specs of rust and touch up. Not perfect looking but protecting is the goal.

The Redbaron actually had better paint than The Black Knight or this. I was asked by Boss/buyer not to detail paint, so we never saw how it beautiful it could be. I've had about half my clients tell me they don't care, they'll scratch anyway.

Me, I park these beauties 1/4 mile away from door in public parking and stay extra distance from traffic.

But I've one other that's my beater. I'll park in in front row bang the doors I'll frown, but don't really care.

Where do you even find these things man? The ones around me are pretty much turds on wheels.

Congrats on another clean rig, i've been toying at the idea of selling my 01 and putting in a wad of cash to get me an 07 with less than 100K, rust free, and just keep it forever. I love these vehicles.

Do you have any idea why the SRS light is on yet? Bad battery or to many short trips maybe? That happens to my wifes van, frequent short trips sets off the SRS light when the battery voltage gets to low.

What is your asking price? I don't see it in the classifieds section.

Wow Paul. You definitely have an affliction! Nice find! Your ability to find these trucks is quite honed now. I'm interested in what you find as you work your way through this one.

I love the color also! ;)

Where do you even find these things man? The ones around me are pretty much turds on wheels.

Congrats on another clean rig, i've been toying at the idea of selling my 01 and putting in a wad of cash to get me an 07 with less than 100K, rust free, and just keep it forever. I love these vehicles.
I find them so many different sources. I'm looking daily. I actually have another I'll be posting someday. I put a deposit on both the same weekend. Pick both up the next week.

I do like all years, but 06-07 are my favorite with 07 at top of list of the 100 series.

Do you have any idea why the SRS light is on yet? Bad battery or to many short trips maybe? That happens to my wifes van, frequent short trips sets off the SRS light when the battery voltage gets to low.
Good eye, good call.

Not sure. I had my scanner with me and found a few DTC set off. Which I suspect was just from dead battery. I clear codes and it, nor any came back.

Indication are this one sat for awhile. Battery was a 3 year in it's forth year, not very good. I just replaced wit 84 month Toyota Dealer battery. Toyota battery is priced at about what I pay at Walmart but warranties is better.

I greased post with White Lithium and after clamped sprayed with CRC (never use this CRC again). But I'm taking the CRC back, as it no good for post only to be used after clamps on. @abuck99 showed me some NOCO's NCP2 red I'm going to check out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom