What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took my Hundred out to Oceano Dunes for Surf N' Turf. Had a blast!! Smashed in my license plate after making it up a giant dune. Well worth it.

Big thanks to @pismojim for organizing a great event.

IMG_20191102_104825233_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191102_111037307_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191102_123759141_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191102_142246320_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191103_084935119.jpg

I had the rear. The front make such a difference.
I am considering these with my OME heavy lift. The front end of my 100 feels very tight and jarring over bumps.

Last edited:
New tires for the long drive to Pismo and back. Desperately needed to get off of the mud tires that were on there.

Hankook dynapro AT2 RF11, 285/70/17. Semi impulse buy the day before the trip. Pleased so far, very quiet on the road, did great in the sand. Aired down to 12 to 15 without problem.

IMG_20191101_170537.jpg

New tires for the long drive to Pismo and back. Desperately needed to get off of the mud tires that were on there.

Hankook dynapro AT2 RF11, 285/70/17. Semi impulse buy the day before the trip. Pleased so far, very quiet on the road, did great in the sand. Aired down to 12 to 15 without problem.

View attachment 2124960

What were you wearing before? How's the ride quality?

I love my Coopers off road, and they look great, but they ride like s***. I'm casually looking around at something a little more road friendly since this is also my highway vehicle.

I installed the scangauge mount by @BenCC . Nice product. It did require some sanding for a smooth finish, as was suggested by Ben. He actually recommends using a filler putty, but I tried my luck with a palm sander and ended up getting it satisfactory without the putty. Krylon khaki paint for a really nice match to the OEM trim. For install, I looked into the other threads for Ayune's product. I did end up removing the A pillar trim (OS handle include), and the two sun visors. The extension cable I bought had a big chunky block where the two ends meet, but I was able to shove it deep enough in the head liner that it laid flat without a bulge. Fit of the product was very good, if even snug to the point of needing to strategize pushing it in. On mine, I did sand down two of the tabs to give the part a flusher fit to the face of the console.

20191104_112259_HDR.jpg

20191104_103412.jpg

20191104_103408.jpg

20191104_103403.jpg

What were you wearing before? How's the ride quality?

Prior to these it was on nitto mud tires from PO. They road like S*** as all mud tires do. Vibrated everything in the drivetrain, were noisy and of dubious value to a vehicle that now lives in the desert (of course they will be for sale in the used tire section and labelled as the best mud tires ever)
To answer your question, anything compared to the old tires is going to be miles better. They are smooth, quiet and ride very well. However the Icon suspension probably doesn't hurt. Hankook do a 30 day money back if you don't like them. Just FYI the older version AT 10 are about 26 dollars cheaper and per the guys at discount "the hardest wearing tire we have ever had" That tire also has a more aggressive looking tread, might be worth a look depending on what off road stuff you get in to.

Saturday I spent half the afternoon trying the ratcheting wrench and strap wrench method to get the rear shocks out of my LX they were throughly rusted on and it was kicking my @ss. Today I caved and drilled two access holes from the top....... HOLY CRAP I should have done this from the very start. Makes it soooooo much easier. Plugs are easily sourced online for the 1.5” hole.

Measurements taken from user DRJMAN

Driver side:
About 4 inches to the rear from the front tie-in loop and about 4 inches towards the middle of the

vehicle.
Passender side: 3 inches back, 5 inches in

016AE075-B7F6-4736-B43A-82E6B2A9FDF5.jpeg

Saturday I spent half the afternoon trying the ratcheting wrench and strap wrench method to get the rear shocks out of my LX they were throughly rusted on and it was kicking my @ss. Today I caved and drilled two access holes from the top....... HOLY CRAP I should have done this from the very start. Makes it soooooo much easier. Plugs are easily sourced online for the 1.5” hole.

Driver side:
About 4 inches to the rear from the front tie-in loop and about 4 inches towards the middle of the

vehicle.

View attachment 2125382

This is the way to do it if you're in the rust belt, no other way. There's a bunch of holes in the rear cabin anyways, what's another one? Just plug it so water doesn't get in and you're good, makes future servicing easier too.

Replaced my aging rear hatch struts with new units from @CloudCity 's amazon store. Mine would hold the hatch, but not lift it. Kind of a 'it stays where you stick it' sort of thing.

New ones went in super easy and lift the hatch really quick.

View attachment 2124827
Awesome man, glad you're pleased! One of those little-cost, huge-reward things that we all tend to let slide for too long. I finally changed my hood struts when it landed on my mechanic. Since the LX has a built-in guillotine (attached grille), it seemed like a nice thing to do.

Last edited:
Awesome man, glad you're pleased! One of those little-cost, huge-reward things that we all tend to led slide for too long. I finally changed my hood struts when it landed on my mechanic. Since the LX has a built-in guillotine (attached grille), it seemed like a nice thing to do.

I'm sorely overdue for new rear struts...

Awesome man, glad you're pleased! One of those little-cost, huge-reward things that we all tend to let slide for too long. I finally changed my hood struts when it landed on my mechanic. Since the LX has a built-in guillotine (attached grille), it seemed like a nice thing to do.

lol guillotine, as a mechanic, this is my biggest pet peeve, a hood just sagging or falling on me while i'm in the engine bay. This hood is heavy as hell too.

Prior to these it was on nitto mud tires from PO. They road like S*** as all mud tires do. Vibrated everything in the drivetrain, were noisy and of dubious value to a vehicle that now lives in the desert (of course they will be for sale in the used tire section and labelled as the best mud tires ever)
To answer your question, anything compared to the old tires is going to be miles better. They are smooth, quiet and ride very well. However the Icon suspension probably doesn't hurt. Hankook do a 30 day money back if you don't like them. Just FYI the older version AT 10 are about 26 dollars cheaper and per the guys at discount "the hardest wearing tire we have ever had" That tire also has a more aggressive looking tread, might be worth a look depending on what off road stuff you get in to.
I am glad you like it. I am finalizing the multiple- rocker switch mount for that same location.

08F81175-9869-4FB8-A75E-893D422BACFF.jpeg

44797141-37D0-4EC4-BC08-9AEC0362E191.jpeg

F334D0CE-CC0D-4F32-B51B-1E0F979BA98F.jpeg

I started a build thread to document all my makes.

Last edited:

Driver side:

vehicle.

View attachment 2125382

Mine aren't rusty, but I need to replace my rear shock bushings and cushions. I was under my truck replacing rear control arm bushings and even with the spare out I couldn't see the shock mount. Holes might be the easiest option.

What plugs did you use? Did you seal with undercoat or something similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom