What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did the quick mod for the AHC. She now sits at this for mode N. 1.5” higher if in H mode.

Dissent bumper being Powdercoated atm and the Wildpeaks will be on in a month. 🤟🏽

E8B932DC-AA71-416D-AA5E-588D2E4FEB1F.jpeg

Did the quick mod for the AHC. She now sits at this for mode N. 1.5” higher if in H mode.

Dissent bumper being Powdercoated atm and the Wildpeaks will be on in a month. 🤟🏽

View attachment 2122249

that's cool! so basically your high is extra height mode and normal is your high mode? how did you accomplish?

No.

But even tho he knew this, my buddy kept saying to me: lock the rear!

Actually got a little dent right between the tire and slider. My husband is more upset about it than I am.

A locker would've come in handy on those black trails.
Almost all of my body damage has been caused by trees/roots. I keep dreaming about installing a bull bar and then those goofy connecting bars that go from the bull bar to the sliders to protect the fenders. All this should be cheaper than having to replace the fenders all the time.
20190616_182035.jpg
20190630_155124.jpg

Almost all of my body damage has been caused by trees/roots. I keep dreaming about installing a bull bar and then those goofy connecting bars that go from the bull bar to the sliders to protect the fenders. All this should be cheaper than having to replace the fenders all the time.

An ARB bumper and those tube things will not help you if you are getting damage like that. ARB bumpers will and do flex quite a bit and be pushed into your fenders and I do not believe those tubes are for much more than brush deterrents.

An ARB bumper and those tube things will not help you if you are getting damage like that. ARB bumpers will and do flex quite a bit and be pushed into your fenders and I do not believe those tubes are for much more than brush deterrents.

This is a major bummer. I just ordered an ARB bull bar and was looking at the ARB side rails. So are you saying that those rails aren't able to take a hit? And they could be damage multiplier like those light weight brush guards?

This is a major bummer. I just ordered an ARB bull bar and was looking at the ARB side rails. So are you saying that those rails aren't able to take a hit? And they could be damage multiplier like those light weight brush guards?
In my opinion, damage multipliers. ARB is a nice bumper, but I would consider it one that you go beating on, I had one years ago, bent into fenders from some rock contact. I am going by your pictures, you need heavy duty stuff.

why not hit up a local shop, this was done locally, I get he could weld you up something for the hundy
IMG_0335_big.jpg

In my opinion, damage multipliers. ARB is a nice bumper, but I would consider it one that you go beating on, I had one years ago, bent into fenders from some rock contact. I am going by your pictures, you need heavy duty stuff.
Even the bumper itself bent into the fenders? What is even stronger than ARB? Slee Blueberry?

Even the bumper itself bent into the fenders? What is even stronger than ARB? Slee Blueberry?

The ARB is fine, but no, I wouldn't want to drop nose-first on to it. I've run mine into a rock wall at pretty low speed and it just scratched the coating (didn't mean to). But, if you're going to be hitting sturdy things hard and at speed, I'm sure it can give. One benefit of the ARB, from what I can tell vs others, is the space between the bars and the body. There's a decent gap, you'd have to hit pretty fricken hard to push them in that far. The side rails I'm sure would bend it way more easily.

I took my 100 glamping.

No pics right now because it's cold and dark and I'm in the camper.

Whoa! Good buddy, you can't just casually drop this big news just like that. This needs to be seen. Could you post some pics? Maybe create a full thread?

So does anyone know if the vacuum ine on top of the transfer case is a breather or if the diff lock is vacuum actuated (and electric) like earlier models? I'm getting 12V at the switch on the case but the vacuum hose is missing - wondering if this is why it won't engage

So does anyone know if the vacuum ine on top of the transfer case is a breather or if the diff lock is vacuum actuated (and electric) like earlier models? I'm getting 12V at the switch on the case but the vacuum hose is missing - wondering if this is why it won't engage
I am not sure I understood your question. The transfer case is in the center of the truck and has its own breather. The center locker is all electric.

Factory rear diff lock is in the back of the truck (on rear axle) and is only electrically actuated. There is a small breather tube coming out of the locker (right next to the locker harness). This breather is for the locker only. There is a completely separate breather tube on the top of the rear differential that is not related to any lockers and is on all trucks regardless of whether they have a rear locker or not.

I am not sure I understood your question. The transfer case is in the center of the truck and has its own breather. The center locker is all electric.

Factory rear diff lock is in the back of the truck (on rear axle) and is only electrically actuated. There is a small breather tube coming out of the locker (right next to the locker harness). This breather is for the locker only. There is a completely separate breather tube on the top of the rear differential that is not related to any lockers and is on all trucks regardless of whether they have a rear locker or not.
Ok thanks, yes its the centre diff lo k. Getting 5v on the switched pin instead of 0V so maybe a bad ground somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom