What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting ready for this year’s brutal winter. Added aftermarket LED park & brake light at the rear bumper for increased visibility to other drivers driving behind me

Which lights did you replace the rear reflectors with?

Started the rust remediation process today. Worst area was the back of the rear axle. Most of the other rust was just along weld seams in the back half of the truck. Thanks to a leaking steering rack, replaced by the previous owner, the front half is about 98% rust free. Used a wire wheel on a grinder and wire bush. I then sprayed the rust with Rust-oleum Rust Reformer. The plan is to let it cure rest of the week and spray Rust-oleum gloss this weekend. My understanding is that gloss is slicker and holds less dirt, grime, salt, etc than a flat paint. I'll then hit the entire undercarriage with Fluid Film following that. My truck is in very good shape and I want to keep it that way.

View attachment 2126131

View attachment 2126132

View attachment 2126133

View attachment 2126134

View attachment 2126135
Looks great! How long it take ya?

Took about 5 hours. The next step should go much faster now that the worst is done. (Brushing and wire wheeling rust off.)

Last edited:
Disabled auto-tilt steering wheel using tech stream. Hopefully now the mechanism won’t wear out. Hardly ever change the wheel location so should be minimal wear and tear from here on out.

Disabled auto-tilt steering wheel using tech stream. Hopefully now the mechanism won’t wear out. Hardly ever change the wheel location so should be minimal wear and tear from here on out.
How? Any write up?

How? Any write up?

I followed this thread. LX470 2001 - Telescoping Steering Disable

There is a video in post 4 that is helpful. Honestly, if you just connect, double click the "tilt telescope" text in the matrix and follow from there it's quite intuitive. One common thing that trips people up is that you need to remember to input that you have an LX470 not an LC100 or the tilt telescope feature won't show up.

How bad were these spark plugs?

Should I replace some of the carbon fouled coils? 2 of the coils were pretty covered in carbon soot.

BAB392FC-1A23-4BF9-AB6F-E9728B805ABC.jpeg

finally finished the wheel bearing service and hub flange replacement today, drivers side went smoothly, passenger side was a bear, those cone washers were a pain, had to buy a new 3lbs sledge and pound on them for two day (with brass dowel), and the inner bearing was shot, also encountered mixed grease in the hub, not sure if that is ok, but not to my standards. All new cones, flanges, washers, Mobil one and I hope I'm go for the next 30k. R-D clunk cut in half, net up diff mounts

Replaced my passenger side exhaust manifold with 7 new studs and 8 nuts that came out of the head. Original manifold had the typical crack. Replaced my falling off exhaust from the cats back along with cleaning rust on the undercarriage and spraying some paint and truck bed coating on the frame.

20191102_093734.jpg

How bad were these spark plugs?

Should I replace some of the carbon fouled coils? 2 of the coils were pretty covered in carbon soot.

View attachment 2127029
Those look pretty good to me, normal color but if you've got them out I'd just replace them.

I was looking at those lights. How do you like them?
I mean for the price, they are good enough for me. The quality seems decent, time will tell. I just didn't have the coin to drop on rigid or baja design lights. They are 1050 lumens each, so more than enough output for what I'll be using them for. I just really wanted to retain my factory fog switch since installing the ARB, so these did the trick. Today I also replaced my high and low beam, and my DRL bulbs all with Sylvania SilverStar bulbs. A friend of mine ran the Sylvania SilverStar Ultra's and they only lasted him about a year, and they are the more expensive of the two by about $8 a pair. I just noticed the ones I had in there just seemed a little "dull". These have a noticeable difference in output. The first picture is before, the second picture is with the new bulbs in the drivers side, and the third is with the original brights on the passenger and the new brights on the driver.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We will see when I get out in the morning. Also finally wired new LED turn signals into the ARB turn signal locations, tapped into my blinker only, didn't want them to be tied into my DRL, I didn't like the look, just too much going on upfront with them and the DRL's lit up.

Got truck back from Slee. New ARB rear bumper to replace the stock one I mangled on Red Cone. New SPC Performance lower rear control arms. AHC pressures look good and should be perfect when I have the truck loaded for a trip.

9E6B8907-3242-4EC2-8814-6D389D3DD55F.jpeg

0EC3B8FE-20DD-4EA1-B2D7-C71FB67E9930.jpeg

Got my windshield replaced. I had to have a body shop fix the rust on the perimeter and paint it. Safelite technician who put the new glass in was planning to put self tapping screws in side moldings had to convince him to use new rivets. This is what she looks like now:
20191108_140025.jpg
20191108_140037.jpg
20191108_140044.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom