What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Highly recommended trail tailor extended front sway bar lengths. Wow - what a difference. 2.5 inch heavy lift. Under 30 minute install. All bolts were cooperating. 😎

960522A6-88A3-4780-B387-517B0F809BCB.jpeg

Highly recommended trail tailor extended front sway bar lengths. Wow - what a difference. 2.5 inch heavy lift. Under 30 minute install. All bolts were cooperating. 😎

View attachment 2123296

I have them front and rear. You can totally tell the difference.

IMG_20191102_123846.jpg
The owner of the LX decided to help out with the radiator install on her truck. We also replaced the heater Ts, one crumbled completely when I looked at it, the other was ok. Fresh Toyota red coolant and some distilled water and all is good. Did an oil change with Mobil one as well and found a soon to be petrified mouse in my old oil pan.
IMG_20191102_143333_01.jpg
IMG_20191102_175325.jpg
found the next project, either a bad rack or bad line.
IMG_20191102_175812.jpg

More info/link on the AHC "quick mod"?

AHC Sensor Adjustment for Lift

It is recommended that you check your neutral pressures and make sure that your AHC system has proper function when attempting to adjust sensors for added lift. If the system pressure is not in spec it might cause problems and system may fail to function correctly.

An ARB bumper and those tube things will not help you if you are getting damage like that. ARB bumpers will and do flex quite a bit and be pushed into your fenders and I do not believe those tubes are for much more than brush deterrents.

@ClassyJalopy

Actually, they work very well from what I've seen. This truck sees lots of rocks. But this is also an excellent driver who knows his truck well and is cautious.

IMG_20191026_112058.jpg

Last edited:
Driver side already busted so ordered replacement bulbs. The old head in me went for amber color rather white, now LEDs, better visibility. If you’re an 80s / 90s kid, you’d understand.

705189C7-52FF-43A7-8AC5-03AFD7F9F7C2.jpeg

Added front and rear mud flaps. Those with Slee rear bumpers, you can cut and punch holes into the mud flaps, and use the existing rear bumper bolts for a temporary fix. I like the old defender rear mud flap look, so that was what I was going for here - of course, they are also functional. I'm going to a fabricator next week to think of a bracket system for the front and rear. I'd like the bracket to be a robust one-and-done item, with the ability to easily replace the mud flaps as needed from rock crawling/abuse. The mud flaps I purchased are super cheap, and have no problem replacing those as needed.

And lastly, I finally got around to installing the dual (four total upfront) USB ports on the international Land Cruiser piece (instead of the cigarette lighter and tray one). I linked the left USB port to the main battery, and the right USB port to the Aux. battery, because they also show voltage -- just another redundancy to show how the batteries are holding up/charging. Eventually there will be a rocker panel in between the USB ports for lockers, lights, etc.

IMG_1808.jpg
IMG_1812.jpg
IMG_1810.jpg
IMG_1816.JPG
IMG_1815.JPG

After lurking on here for years and searching for an LC, flew to Seattle and bought this super clean 04. Previous owner took good care of it and had the maintenance records to back it up. 255k miles but drives like a dream. I blame my Dad for fueling my desire for Land Cruisers. He's got a triple locked 80 series. Now all I gotta do is ship her back home to Hawaii.
00K0K_4bvnZgsl2WW_1200x900.jpg
00A0A_flDl27VlIXR_1200x900.jpg

After lurking on here for years and searching for an LC, flew to Seattle and bought this super clean 04. Previous owner took good care of it and had the maintenance records to back it up. 255k miles but drives like a dream. I blame my Dad for fueling my desire for Land Cruisers. He's got a triple locked 80 series. Now all I gotta do is ship her back home to Hawaii.View attachment 2124154View attachment 2124155
Aloha! Perfect vehicle to cruise 808! My sister in law told me it would cost her around $1200 to ship her QX56 to Oahu if she was to bring it there, that rate was last year..

It's $1500 as of today. Matson is raping us
Doesn’t seem sooo bad for an ocean trip-about the same as having one shipped to the east coast from SF last year when I bought mine....

Added front and rear mud flaps. Those with Slee rear bumpers, you can cut and punch holes into the mud flaps, and use the existing rear bumper bolts for a temporary fix. I like the old defender rear mud flap look, so that was what I was going for here - of course, they are also functional. I'm going to a fabricator next week to think of a bracket system for the front and rear. I'd like the bracket to be a robust one-and-done item, with the ability to easily replace the mud flaps as needed from rock crawling/abuse. The mud flaps I purchased are super cheap, and have no problem replacing those as needed.

And lastly, I finally got around to installing the dual (four total upfront) USB ports on the international Land Cruiser piece (instead of the cigarette lighter and tray one). I linked the left USB port to the main battery, and the right USB port to the Aux. battery, because they also show voltage -- just another redundancy to show how the batteries are holding up/charging. Eventually there will be a rocker panel in between the USB ports for lockers, lights, etc.

View attachment 2124141View attachment 2124143View attachment 2124144View attachment 2124145View attachment 2124146
I see you are using two sets of Rhino Ramps to work on your truck. I do this too but have read you are not supposed to. Rather, you are only supposed to use one set on one end of the vehicle at a time.

Anyone ever have any issues using 4 Rhino Ramps at one time?

Took my Hundred out to Oceano Dunes for Surf N' Turf. Had a blast!! Smashed in my license plate after making it up a giant dune. Well worth it.

Big thanks to @pismojim for organizing a great event.

IMG_20191102_104825233_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191102_111037307_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191102_123759141_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191102_142246320_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191103_084935119.jpg

I had the rear. The front make such a difference.
I am considering these with my OME heavy lift. The front end of my 100 feels very tight and jarring over bumps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom