What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I initially didn't want to share my moment of shame but I feel like I must confess and atone.

My rear brakes were making noise. Then my braking power noticably diminished. I ordered new pads and rotors immediately.

This is what I discovered on the driver side.

View attachment 3057781

:flush:
The conclusion to my last post: when completing the brake repair, I found the missing pad :clap:

20220715_155511.jpg

If I’m missing an inside joke and you’re actually a brawny beast who eats knuckles for breakfast, pardon me

If not, check out the knuckle videos on youtube from 6th gear garage, 2nd gear low, and otramm.
I've watched plenty of Otramm videos and he does a great job but watched 2nd gear low do the video and have to say I'm impressed with his detail. Great info either way, will need to scope out 6th gear garage.

More of a summary of my week vs just this weekend. Started out Monday pulling the front diff to install 4.88s. Got it torn down and found the gears in the box didn't match the part number. New ones being sent and will arrive on Monday. Since I had it down, I was going to install my offset trunion bearings to get some more caster. They went in fine. Steering linkage, not so much. Way too much grinding was going to be required of the control arms so I pulled them back out. Basically off-and-on work for 3 days to accomplish a knuckle refresh because that was the only successful part. Hit the Coal Miner Cruiser Classic at Anthracite Outdoor park and wheeled Friday and Saturday. Nothing broke and still have all body pieces intact. Few scratches from bushes but meh. Was able to buy an IPOR skid plate off the guy who won it at the raffle for a bit of discount so that was a win too.

Excuse built in to ih8mud poster profile. 😇

Also, your can buy a half decent substitute off Amazon for 20% the price.
Weird, apparently the original quote vanished so this makes no sense.

Mosmatic hurricane flip reference.

Yah head goes to the shop tomorrow and on this next weekend hopefully
You put the hylomar on the block then lay the head gasket on over the top, I would measure your block make sure it is in tolerance first, if it is use the hylomar, we did used it everytime, used the blue gel and put it on lightly they also make a spray.

Checked/repacked front wheel bearings. Everything looked good, the grease was pretty dirty, but no significant diff oil contamination. Need to do the brakes soon.

Replaced all the dome lights (including two factory domes added to the hatch) with amber LEDs. Wasn’t going to bother posting anything so simple but I am really happy with the switch from white LED. It gives a warm glow that is much more pleasant as the old stock incandescent were but the output is significantly improved.

Seen here with one on in camp, the desired insect prevention also worked well.

D61B84ED-0AD8-4E77-8F74-538E4562B8BA.jpeg

Also grabbed a summer deal on chains and had to test fit everything on a hot afternoon. 😁
C39DBFC0-746D-4DDA-B25E-8FE5171CDB85.jpeg

Fitted an auxiliary ACC fuse box in my driver's footwell. Butchered a set of jump leads for cable and installed it on the outside of my drivers footwell. I'm RHD in Scotland, so no idea how this would translate for LHD vehicles.

Positive 12v Power came from the wee accessory wiring box in the engine bay and in through the firewall grommet. Negative feed was straight into an earth connector nearby. Excuse the redneck cable tie install, but it works well and makes it easy to remove when I need to wire in new gear. It will stay like that

Into the new fuse box went:

* Nextbase 622 Dashcam with a Nextbase SD card. Will add a rear camera to it in time

* Ali Express Self dimming rear view mirror with temperature, time and compass. Compass needs attention, I'm permanently SW at the moment, so believe I need to drive around in circles to calibrate. It's bigger than stock mirror and doesn't have that claustrophobic magnification thing going on that the OEM one had. Not tested the self dimming yet. It knew the time already, just had to set time zone, so some clever tech in there. The shoe is compatible with OEM, bolts right in. The vendor asked for photos of my mirror and confirmed model and year - they will be receiving a 5* review. I will provide links if people are interested (non affiliated)

To be installed:

* Garmin Satnav - I had the wrong wiring kit, but easy to do now I have the fuse box ready to go
* USB sockets
* Possibly HiFi gear depending on how I choose to do that in the future

IMG_7078.JPG

IMG_7081.JPG

I was so busy relaxing and enjoying the views this weekend I didn't even get a photo of the rig......

20220717_193052.jpg

20220717_204627.jpg

20220717_203621.jpg

20220717_214259.jpg

Summer camp is up, now I got a place to escape from the heat for the next couple of months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom