What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (88 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Carrier gears
Pinion gears
Suspension bushings
Smashing things that piss you off.
I bet I could really squash washer nozzles that upset me with a 20 ton press. :hmm:

Expensive vise. Buy a metal brake to fit, nice addition. And, you can upgrade to air as well!

I wished I had the air jack adapter on this a long time ago!

axle seals are shot on the 80 (going to replace those first 😅 ), which means the parking brake / pads are toast as well. (diff oil everywhere)
I ordered rotors / pads from the dealer.
But will need parking brake shoes as well.

Are the Bosch pads on rock auto any good enough?

Or are any of those other options better?

Expensive vise. Buy a metal brake to fit, nice addition. And, you can upgrade to air as well!

I wished I had the air jack adapter on this a long time ago!
I bought the more ghetto version 6 Inch Vise Press Brake - https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-6-inch-vise-press-brake.html

Works pretty well on 1/8" aluminum stock.

axle seals are shot on the 80 (going to replace those first 😅 ), which means the parking brake / pads are toast as well. (diff oil everywhere)
I ordered rotors / pads from the dealer.
But will need parking brake shoes as well.

Are the Bosch pads on rock auto any good enough?

Or are any of those other options better?

I've run the Bosch and Wagner pads on numerous vehicles.

My dogs and I are taking the scenic route from Montana to Albuquerque for Christmas, giving the new RTT a trial run in the process. It’s been incredible to see the Moab region so free of people - but 14 degrees overnight sort of reminded me why! Desert stars in winter… worth the cold nights for me.
33E74808-5590-409D-8E35-7D01D1590421.jpeg
488CB0C6-9C05-4BF7-AEDC-E7634FF9CB56.jpeg

My dogs and I are taking the scenic route from Montana to Albuquerque for Christmas, giving the new RTT a trial run in the process. It’s been incredible to see the Moab region so free of people - but 14 degrees overnight sort of reminded me why! Desert stars in winter… worth the cold nights for me.View attachment 2870879View attachment 2870880
when you sleep in your RTT where does your dog sleep?

I have had these on the shelf for a couple months waiting patiently to get installed. I finally had some time to take care of them this past weekend. I've got several sets of lights from LED Colight (9" lasers on my bumper and 8x 4.5" Cube lights on my roof) and they have been really good lights. I have had plans to also add some rear dust lights for a while so I went back to the same brand and snagged a pair of their Rob2 Pro lights. A lot of people use these as ditch lights, but I'm not a ditch light guy and figured they'd do a good job as dust lights.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

There are also different style lense options which I wasn't expecting and is kinda cool. I decided to get some to try out.

Mounted up to the rear rail of my Prinsu rack.

They put out a surprising amount of light for how small they are.

Here's the link to the lights if anyone is interested where I got them.

Last edited:
The gentlemen over at SNLC swapping out an older radiator and Harmonic balancer on my old man's HDJ81

View attachment 2871050
Seeing the diesels run the 2nd battery cable over the fan shroud makes me wonder why I went through the brain damage of putting my 2nd batter cable between radiator/grill in a place it will see more friction and potentially wear through the sheathing. Hmmm

Trigger therapy.

20211218_161937.jpg

@Azca I wished I had the air jack adapter on this a long time ago!
Does that jack/air cyl retrofit to 20t HF press with out modifications
Thanks
[/QUOTE]
Mine did but it depends on the press. Sometimes it will require cutting the existing jack off. I also need to tack weld a couple of quick joints on mine so it does not walk off the beam while in use. I will tell you I love it, especially when using the brake. HF has a very inexpensive one as well.

Seeing the diesels run the 2nd battery cable over the fan shroud makes me wonder why I went through the brain damage of putting my 2nd batter cable between radiator/grill in a place it will see more friction and potentially wear through the sheathing. Hmmm
there run like that so less chance of fire in a bad crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom