What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (86 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New brake pads and rotors in the rear.
The parking brake pads seemed fine, so i didn't change them.

Also, 6 out of 10 rear bushing replaced with poly bushes. I went with the fire method. It stinks!

Last edited:
Joey has been back ordered so I did some research on bolt size and went with this from Master-Carr. Sorry for the sideways pic

View attachment 2702384
Thanks for that. I’ve been stalking the kit on his website for a while now but those look like a good alternative. I’ve got a Bowfin rack waiting to be installed and I’d really like to get the factory rack off ASAP.

Replaced a leaking LSPV and adjusted it down 1/4 inch for the lift that is on the truck. Bled the brakes and gave it a wash. No more leaking brake fluid and it brakes so much better!

IMG_4615.jpeg

Last edited:
Drive shaft lube and gear oil exchange.
Picked up a pass front glass to swap in. Turns out it has tint. Guess I’m going back for the other side as the “new” glass i put in the driver side last week is clear.

Added a diode to the new Hopkins trailer wiring harness to stop it from kicking cruise control off when I signaled. Figured it was back-feeding the brake circuit through the box due to the LEDs? Don’t judge me on my soldering skills (or lack thereof).
View attachment 2698247

Please elaborate somewhat on this. My trailer adapter does the same thing, but my "fix" was to add a plug and connector so I could disconnect the trailer box whenever I didn't need it. I sure would like to be able to signal when pulling a trailer and using cruise though.

Looks like you just installed the diode in the brake light wire so the signal light never feeds back to the cruise control computer after the trailer box "merges" the lights. Does it work? I am excited.

Drove it.....I have almost had this rig for 1 year. They grow up so fast:confused:

When I picked her up:
20200716_190025.jpg

This weekend:
20210613_003150.jpg

Update to first thread post: replaced distributor o-ring, rotor and cap; installed 4 new OEM shocks (left rear was totally shot); rotated tires; added the standard 2 qts. of oil.

Please elaborate somewhat on this. My trailer adapter does the same thing, but my "fix" was to add a plug and connector so I could disconnect the trailer box whenever I didn't need it. I sure would like to be able to signal when pulling a trailer and using cruise though.

Looks like you just installed the diode in the brake light wire so the signal light never feeds back to the cruise control computer after the trailer box "merges" the lights. Does it work? I am excited.
Sure, no problem. So what I believe is/was happening is that the box was causing the turn signal to back-feed the brake signal. This causes the truck to “think” that you’re stepping on the brakes. If you listen carefully you may be able to hear the park safety switch engage/disengage when the hazards are on. The solution is to splice in a diode (check valve) on the brake wire with the stripe on the diode facing the box.

Sure, no problem. So what I believe is/was happening is that the box was causing the turn signal to back-feed the brake signal. This causes the truck to “think” that you’re stepping on the brakes. If you listen carefully you may be able to hear the park safety switch engage/disengage when the hazards are on. The solution is to splice in a diode (check valve) on the brake wire with the stripe on the diode facing the box.

Gonna try it out this week. Thanks!

It always amazes me how people get stuck. Mud...sure, sand...you betcha, high centered....well ya you got to try that line. Driving off a cliff backwards? I just don't know!

Good that you brought the right tool for the job!

I am sure they appreciated the help.

It always amazes me how people get stuck. Mud...sure, sand...you betcha, high centered....well ya you got to try that line. Driving off a cliff backwards? I just don't know!

Good that you brought the right tool for the job!

I am sure they appreciated the help.
Me guesses, 1) trying to turn around 2) or speed involved.

I took a gamble on some overseas offroad lights this past winter. They are 9" LEDs with a laser module in the center from a company called LED CoLight. They have been seriously impressive, so I got a hold of them about some other lights. The 4.5" Cube lights they sell fit what I was trying to do so I picked up a few sets of them.

I made a simple mount for them from some scrap 3/16" steel I had in the garage and bolted it to one of the crossbars on the prinsu rack. These nighttime pics are before I got them aimed better. So far I am as impressed with these as I was with the ones I got in the winter. They aren't a cheap light but not as expensive as some of the big name US brands but have performed just as well in my experience.

Roof lights by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

The ambers are wired to a separate switch and obviously needed to be aimed after taking this photo.

I took a gamble on some overseas offroad lights this past winter. They are 9" LEDs with a laser module in the center from a company called LED CoLight. They have been seriously impressive, so I got a hold of them about some other lights. The 4.5" Cube lights they sell fit what I was trying to do so I picked up a few sets of them.

I made a simple mount for them from some scrap 3/16" steel I had in the garage and bolted it to one of the crossbars on the prinsu rack. These nighttime pics are before I got them aimed better. So far I am as impressed with these as I was with the ones I got in the winter. They aren't a cheap light but not as expensive as some of the big name US brands but have performed just as well in my experience.

The ambers are wired to a separate switch and obviously needed to be aimed after taking this photo.
Are the round ones primarily spots? I’ve been debating on whether to go with these new “laser” lights (vs more traditional LED Pro Comp’s). Seemed like the main benefit was less cost and distance lighting. I’d been looking at these before reading your post:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom