What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2FDE0DAB-55EF-4FCB-9A4D-A7A4AAFEC0AC.jpeg
Headed down the river.

I’m not proud of this but it was necessary for the time being.

This turbo truck lived in South Carolina for 22 years before I bought it drove it to the West Coast. Now I say this because rust is a crazy real issue for non-west coast trucks but I got lucky.

One of the things that eventually needs to be take care of is the roof rack residual rust. The truck is mostly perfect except for the rust on the OEM lame ass roof rack. So f’ing annoying. Everyone has to to deal with this at some level. Three of the legs were fine but passenger front shoes signs of rust under the paint. Boo. I’ll have to deal with that later.

For now I just need to deal with the existing holes where the factory rivnuts are in the roof. Each needs to be dealt with before the rain starts. I took the easy way out for the time being. I just used EXTRA wide button head screws with UV stable rubber washers. The ID of the washers need to go around the outside of the rivnuts because they sit proud of the roof. The flanged stainless bolts need to squeeze the rubber washer to create a positive seal to prevent water intrusion. It’s not super sexy but it absolutely solves the issue until I can take care of the rust at another time in the very distant future 😜

View attachment 2423628View attachment 2423629View attachment 2423631View attachment 2423632
Those will be good sellers!!!

To those that have the machining and fabrication skill I Desperately lack. Is there a possibility to fabricate an attractive and possibly useful thin piece of metal and mold a rubber gasket that could be bolted in these holes and that would cover the entire spot left by removing roof rack feet? This would allow one to repair and mitigate any rust or compromised paint and cover up the small Repaired area.

Might even work for the rear Window dust spoiler and rack strips as well? Could Even be painted body color to make it far less noticeable.

Those will be good sellers!!!

To those that have the machining and fabrication skill I Desperately lack. Is there a possibility to fabricate an attractive and possibly useful thin piece of metal and mold a rubber gasket that could be bolted in these holes and that would cover the entire spot left by removing roof rack feet? This would allow one to repair and mitigate any rust or compromised paint and cover up the small Repaired area.

Might even work for the rear Window dust spoiler and rack strips as well? Could Even be painted body color to make it far less noticeable.

not only considered but actively working on it. 😉

Finally deleted the third row seatbelts. The passenger side bracket bolt was rusted so I had to cut it off, but other than that it was an easy process. I’m much happier now without those things in the way.

I also kept the belt assemblies so if anyone wants to buy them, let me know.
View attachment 2427229
pro tip, you can swap the upper and lower seat belt bolts if you want the top to be more flush or replace with these ;)

Finally got my rebuilt 105 steering box installed today. I finished the rebuild of the box with the 105 sector shaft a few weeks ago but I haven't had a day that I didn't need to drive the Cruiser. Today was that day and I'm glad to finally have it installed and for now I have zero leaks on the truck. :)
105 box by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Cool hat, let’s see the seats installed!!

Winner chicken dinner. They come with hub rings Aka hub centric as the center bore is 112mm (106mm).

I personally never buy wheels that require spacers/adapters or any modifications to make fit for my liking. Hope this helps!
make sure to post a pic when you get them on!!! what back spacing did you go with? i know there was i think 4.75 and 5 something?

pro tip, you can swap the upper and lower seat belt bolts if you want the top to be more flush or replace with these ;)

Im probably going to put a fire extinguisher there and if I don’t do two, then I will maybe fabricate some kind of flashlight holder or something - but I dig that tip!!

Last edited:
Love PFI Speed and wanted to stop by with my swap’d 80 one day when out in Colorado. Imagine my surprise when I got an alert for this video. Has got to be someone on ‘Mud!

I think I could eat off the underside of that thing. Sadly if I tried that’s it’s mine I would die of one of the following. Rust poisoning, oil poisoning, or ATF overdose. 😂😂

Threw on my BIOR bumper. I still have a lot of work to do on it, but sick of tripping over it in the garage, so it'll sit on the clunker until I have time to work on my customizations. I'll be putting some "speed holes" in the fairlead plate for FMIC and adding plate to the wings and top to make a more hybrid tube/plate bumper.

Well-designed bumper and it fits like a glove. Took all of 2 minutes to install.

BIOR bumper 4.jpg
BIOR bumper 3.jpg

Love PFI Speed and wanted to stop by with my swap’d 80 one day when out in Colorado. Imagine my surprise when I got an alert for this video. Has got to be someone on ‘Mud!

Sounds like they were having a hard time trusting the O2 sensor numbers because of an exhaust leak. I'd love to know what it would do on an aftermarket Silverado cold-air intake, i.e. what does the snorkle and stock 1fz air box cost in hp?

Water temp was getting up to 200-206 while stopped in traffic around town. 2 years ago I put heavier oil in my Eaton clutch for the second time. Even with new o-ring it looks like it was failing from the residue on the back of the fan blades and the spike in temps at idle.
Installed a new blue fan clutch unmodified and traffic idle in Florida temps is 190. Happy.
BAF2DE3C-E803-4A45-9F45-19444F045F86.jpeg
55B5A90D-2CAC-4D1D-BF68-8144BC228CB7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom