What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (69 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Perfect setup for solo, IMO. I'd still want a back seat for occasional passenger/dog. I have envisioned pretty much what you've got there but it's at the bottom of a collosal list of piorities :eek:

What front seats are those? Lexus ES?
Yea! Hey how do u have a bench up front!? Very jelly

80-series in the shop getting a pretty big refresh. Engine oil leaks, knuckle and wb job, new stock suspension, interior refresh, stereo and more.

9B931929-1F69-4A13-A581-7AE213C12259.jpeg
6B2702E2-2161-403D-8669-7BA499995EE4.jpeg
8DE5D587-8541-438E-AEEF-8EC1B8802A5A.jpeg
9F65AE89-F8F9-4B54-9771-49FD47D3E895.jpeg
36E96262-3443-4B87-92CA-894B4678CC05.jpeg

Cheers

I think you should go with carpet. The bedliner releases fumes for a LONG time. There are a few that have lined the interior and most of those said they wouldn't do it again due to the strong odors.
Completely agree..I bought some value (cheap as feck) carpet from the big orange store for about $20..covered my drawers beautifully...and all my mistakes...🤣

Perfect setup for solo, IMO. I'd still want a back seat for occasional passenger/dog. I have envisioned pretty much what you've got there but it's at the bottom of a collosal list of piorities :eek:

What front seats are those? Lexus ES?

Dude I hear you about the list. This only made it to the top of the list because it is my work vehicle.

Here in upstate NY, winter was the worst time to be doing that project considering my garage is too small to fit both the truck and the project, and each time I wanted to take a measurement or test fit, I would have to layer up and open the overhead door and poke around in the mostly dark and cold, throw my stuff in and pull it back out and close the garage. And half the time it was so damn cold I just put it off.

The seats are from an Audi. An A6 maybe? The PO included them in the sale, I just needed to finish fabricating the mounts.

Tackled a few small things this week. I've been plagued for years by how to store my cross style lug wrench that I carry in the truck. These things suck because they don't sit flat and they're an awkward shape. I was working on something else the other night and noticed a few scrap brackets I had taken off of something else a while ago and a lightbulb when off. I used them to make 4 little half moon brackets. I welded some bolts to the back ones studs and use the other two with some wing nuts to hold the lug wrench. Added it to the backside of the spare tire on the carrier and now the stupid wrench has a spot that it's not causing me grief.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Now that I have a tilt slide for the fridge, I put the attic rack back in the truck too.

Tackled a few small things this week. I've been plagued for years by how to store my cross style lug wrench that I carry in the truck. These things suck because they don't sit flat and they're an awkward shape. I was working on something else the other night and noticed a few scrap brackets I had taken off of something else a while ago and a lightbulb when off. I used them to make 4 little half moon brackets. I welded some bolts to the back ones studs and use the other two with some wing nuts to hold the lug wrench. Added it to the backside of the spare tire on the carrier and now the stupid wrench has a spot that it's not causing me grief.

Now that I have a tilt slide for the fridge, I put the attic rack back in the truck too.
What type of rack is that? And where can I get one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom