What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Slow and steady progress
F6B439EC-6236-4B42-8AD0-3896200D879F.jpeg

Hmmm...Are you talking about the RCV flanges? Is that black coating not able to withstand rust?
yea, they rusted up BAD in2 months flat, they were nice, and are nice again.

RIP... Looks like I'm headed for the exhaust shop

thumbnail_IMG_3206.jpg

Straighten hour tailgate back out, homie. You have to be careful when you’re putting the tire back there; all that weight right on the edge bends it.

Too much bend and it can cause a crack. Ask me how I know...

Too much re-straighten causes problems.

Not sure what you bent? How is your tire mounted? It could be causing your bending cracking problem?

Too much re-straighten causes problems.

Not sure what you bent? How is your tire mounted? It could be causing your bending cracking problem?

No, the edge of your tailgate. It’s bent from setting the tire on it when you load it into the back.

Early on Discount tire mangled mine, so that’s how I recognize it.

No, the edge of your tailgate. It’s bent from setting the tire on it when you load it into the back.

Early on Discount tire mangled mine, so that’s how I recognize it.

Mine is bent from standing on it over a 1000 times opening and closing my top. Not going to change:meh:

Yep, manifold to downpipe.

Might be time to do an inside the frame rail exhaust and new o2 sensors
You can heat / spray with PB Blaster / Heat / spray repeatedly, then drill it out and use an easy out to get it out. You MAY be able to do it with it still attached.

Must heat the stud AND the manifold dark red hot, focusing on the stud, but you must include the manifold and a fair amount of it so you don't heat crack it. Do this part over and over. I usually do the sequence 5 times, then try to remove it after it's cooled reasonably.

You could also drill it first, that will allow more flexibility in the stud and make speed up the process a tiny bit. Do NOT get in a hurry or you will break an ear off the manifold.

Helped move my kiddo into her first house. Proud papa moment only somewhat diminished by the ordeal of having an uninvited house guest for the last 5 months. I will say, despite some shortcomings in other areas, she's got a good financial head on her shoulders for a 24yo kid.

H new house move.jpg

We r getting that freezing rain s*** here now:mad:

Picked up my 2nd 80-a 40th anniversary edition. May make some repairs and sell it, haven't decided yet. Body parts already on the way. Haven't found any gremlins in the engine. I think she was eventually headed for the scrap yard and at least one mud member went to see it before I got to it. View attachment 2180181View attachment 2180180
Need some advice from members. Part out or keep putting $ into it? I have replaced a couple parts, still looking for a fender, need to drive 11 hours round trip to pick up a headliner. This is not a Joe Rogan restoration candidate, but more like a good hunting rig. Hate to see this thing go to part out but cannot make it whole without driving (gas money) around the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom