What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (94 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No, it caused full blown rust. I hacked it out and am toying with making a foot step in its place.
Just realize that it is actually one of your crossmembers and needs to carry load between the frame rails......

This is the best aluminum polish I have ever used. It’s incredible. I will post a finished pic when I’m done.
Good to know! I have a replacement set of rims in my garage that I want to polish to a near mirror finish (I like the chrome look).

Did some much needed re sealing,,,,,

92FA0DAA-9F59-4FC5-A764-C0C0CC4C0307.jpeg

0C2BFC39-3B2D-4A0E-98A8-337CC8EEA77E.jpeg

@RFB. It took me a bit to get to it but I did try the Chemical Guys stain extractor on a piece of the headliner trim today. VERY happy with the results. The truck this came from had many years of cigarette smoke buildup and greasy fingerprints around this piece of trim from the B-pillar. It was NASTY and came out looking like new.

Tip - Use a soft bristle brush. I used a kitchen scrub brush and it bordered on being too stiff and damaging the knap of the covering.

I just picked one up not that long ago and my whole head liner looks like what you started with. I will be trying this soon, thanks for posting!

Thanks. Kind of, it still has a 2f but one that's 3 years newer than the 40.
considering how difficult it has become to source parts and how a Chevy transplant has become the rule, thats close enough! nice ride my friend, congrats.

I change the oil and installed an original oil filter. Now my oil pressure is rather steady and does not fluctuate wildly as with the Napa filter. Thanks to this forum I think I saved my engine..

Last edited:
The 105 spindles swap right over to an 80? Any mods required? I like the needle bearings vs the brass bush.

Spindles are the same and are interchangeable. If your 80 spindles are in good shape still, you can just buy the 105 series combo bushing (half brass half needle bearings) to install into your 80 spindle. Lots cheaper than buying the whole spindle assy. I'm certain @cruiseroutfit can get you the bushing/bearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom