What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (94 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my rear RCVs from @cruiseroutfit mostly done. I did decide to take advantage of the extra dowel pins that come with the axles. I am picking up all new cone washers in the morning and I will button it up. Will have to wait a few more days for my new frozen rotors to show up so I can finish this axle. I still have to install the front RCV axles and birfs. After that and I install my newly West Texas Off-road built steering box with 105 goodies, the truck will be done forever. o_O.View attachment 2187508
Paint up those drive flanges they rust up bad in days.

So it all started 10 days ago I got a phone call on the line my young G. I. Son "Daddy do you love me?" Yes, what do you need?

Look, I am 7 hours waiting in the hospital for head CAT scans and the food here sucks, I am OK, can you bring some food?

Me - WTF what happened ?? - He was on foot patrol on our side of the border fence and got hit in the head by sling stone from the Palestinian side.

View attachment 2187885

This weekend I decided to visit him, he went back to his unit and was stationed on an outpost in the Palestinian territory, Israel is a very intense place you drive 20 miles and you go from the New Jersey type of environment to Fallujah Iraq.
I bought all the unit McRoyal Berger and french fries and the big Mc Donalds ice cream. It's good the LC is big enough to hold so many MC D meals.

View attachment 2187889

View attachment 2187890

When I arrived to the place I waited for my son come back from foot patrol

View attachment 2187897

Yes, there are woman fighters in the IDF

View attachment 2187903

Sorry about your son but most importantly he is alive. While I was reading your post I thought your son was a US military member patrolling our southern border then I saw where you are from.

Some of the girls in the IDF are beautiful.

So it all started 10 days ago I got a phone call on the line my young G. I. Son "Daddy do you love me?" Yes, what do you need?

Look, I am 7 hours waiting in the hospital for head CAT scans and the food here sucks, I am OK, can you bring some food?

Me - WTF what happened ?? - He was on foot patrol on our side of the border fence and got hit in the head by sling stone from the Palestinian side.

View attachment 2187885

This weekend I decided to visit him, he went back to his unit and was stationed on an outpost in the Palestinian territory, Israel is a very intense place you drive 20 miles and you go from the New Jersey type of environment to Fallujah Iraq.
I bought all the unit McRoyal Berger and french fries and the big Mc Donalds ice cream. It's good the LC is big enough to hold so many MC D meals.

View attachment 2187889

View attachment 2187890

When I arrived to the place I waited for my son come back from foot patrol

View attachment 2187897

Yes, there are woman fighters in the IDF

View attachment 2187903
Dino, my heart goes out to you. As a fellow father, I was able to place myself in your shoes. I can only imagine what raced through your mind between the phone call and the time you saw him for yourself. Whether they are 9 wearing a soccer uniform or 19 wearing a military uniform. part of us will always see them as 9 months in diapers! in short, they are always our babies!

i had been running a stock bumper winch setup for over a year but it's time for a bumper upgrade for the needed bambi protection. So here goes the ARB. Need to fab some spacer for the winch but otherwise install went smoothly.

View attachment 2189858
If you need to stand the winch off a little because of size, I did the same by using a set of Rugged Ridge winch mounting spacers. Amazon $24.99. Solid bar stock. I am a DIYer however, for the price and time savings (perfect size and pre-coated with a rough powdercoat), I think its a score. the spacers are wide and solid enough to withstand side load forces against the bolt. If you are mounting a 9.5 or 12K winch, it will set it back to the perfect position.

Paint up those drive flanges they rust up bad in days.

Hmmm...Are you talking about the RCV flanges? Is that black coating not able to withstand rust?

Did you fab this mount? How many mounting points are you using? Looks great.

It a common bracket we use at my work, it just a 1/8" piece of stainless thats had 6 holes punched in it and the a 90 degree break. I can get some better pictures later. It mounts using 2 m12 bolts that were already in the inner fender not being used.

It a common bracket we use at my work, it just a 1/8" piece of stainless thats had 6 holes punched in it and the a 90 degree break. I can get some better pictures later. It mounts using 2 m12 bolts that were already in the inner fender not being used.
ABS sucks!

New tailgate latch!

48DECE92-0EF0-4F03-BDDA-48D65ECF0554.jpeg

all external or was this a head gasket job plus a "while im in there and this is off" thing? If the photoman bracket is new, your going to love it! At any rate, looks good man.

It started as a simple blown head gasket repair with some minor extras.

Almost a year later and it ended up being a complete rebuild of the engine, trans, and tcase all the way through with all OEM parts except for the cometic HG and ARP studs. Went with every part on @Onur’s rebuild list except for the connecting rods (1FZ-FE Engine Rebuild Parts List) along with a bunch of other goodies from @NLXTACY, @Photoman, and @Fourrunner...

Joey hooked me with the preorder for his turbo kit and that, coupled with following the test mule and @spyduh rebuilds, has only exasperated the problem :grinpimp:

Edit - In hindsight, the biggest while-you’re-in-there that I didn’t expect was going with the gorgeous @Delta VS shifter and center console because I needed somewhere to put the turbo gauges. The damn thing looked so good that the rest of the interior felt lame. That has now lead to sound dampening, new carpet, seatbelts, and a whole bunch of new OEM trim

Last edited:

Almost a year later and it ended up being a complete rebuild of the engine, trans, and tcase all the way through with all OEM parts except for the cometic HG and ARP studs. Went with every part on @Onur’s rebuild list except for the connecting rods (1FZ-FE Engine Rebuild Parts List) along with a bunch of other goodies from @NLXTACY, @Photoman, and @Fourrunner...

Joey hooked me with the preorder for his turbo kit and that, coupled with following the test mule and @spyduh rebuilds, has only exasperated the problem :grinpimp:

Edit - In hindsight, the biggest while-you’re-in-there that I didn’t expect was going with the gorgeous @Delta VS shifter and center console because I needed somewhere to put the turbo gauges. The damn thing looked so good that the rest of the interior felt lame. That has now lead to sound dampening, new carpet, seatbelts, and a whole bunch of new OEM trim
I also fell into the Trap and bought a Delta shifter and console

I can’t go with Joey’s turbo because I’m running a VAF (94). Lucky!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom