What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (54 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My bumper guy Is not emailing me back, I can't afford a Slee, as beautiful as they are, and I'm currently rocking two black fence mounts with a burnt piece of wood 'Shou Sugi Ban' style, since it is Japanese. This is a great idea!!! I'd love to know what difficulties you had if you ever do it!

Okay, this has got to be the most "pictures or it isn't true" post I've seen in a while.

Curiosity gets the better if me. Post it up!

firsr run, only 3.5 psi.

20191019_112534.jpg

20191021_132228.jpg

Took the boat anchor hitch and turned into a tractor three point Hitch.
4C06A7F1-131A-42E8-8BE4-8125D802A027.jpeg
DA06B5F5-B884-4013-9381-6A3D9CD9041F.jpeg

finally fixed my @#%ing airbag light. Ended up being the airbag control module behind the center console. For 95-97 cruisers part # 89170-60010. I gambled and bought a used one off eBay and it worked.
also relocated a small amp to the glove box. We will see how that works out.
And finally fixed my seat leather! Wright up on that coming soon.

View attachment 2112895

I am so thankful to own a HZJ. The most modern piece of tech is my pioneer headunit... and the headlights.

Is the Alpine inline amp worth it in your opinion? I am always about to buy one and never pull the trigger... I feel like it would be worth it with some better quality speakers.

Its worth it by far but you need to ditch the OEM everything.... door and dash speakers and craptory (factory) amp to get good sound...

Is the Alpine inline amp worth it in your opinion? I am always about to buy one and never pull the trigger... I feel like it would be worth it with some better quality speakers.
After my car stereo hay-days in college, installing car stereos from alleys to dorm parking lots, I have to say this thing is def worth it. Especially if you go with an Alpine head unit. Literally plug and play.

Removed this little fella from a tyre and plugged the hole up.

a39v39y.jpg

Drove down the south coast of nsw and had a bit of a weird vibration coming through the front right wheel, found it was loose wheel bearings. I was able to stop at Adrenalin Offroad in Narellan and they tightened it up for me because they are legends. then on the way home the left side was giving me the same vibes. tightened it up this morning and hopefully that will keep me going until I get a swivel hub rebuild kit fitted. I'm going to do new stub axles while i'm at it too, these ones have 369k k's on them so new ones should stop me rebuilding again any time soon.

4xwp0aT.jpg

Last edited:
I drove over a 1,000 miles to have a belly plate install by Cruisin Offroad.
Jason H. is a cool dude. http//:CruisinOffroad.com

20191022_115705.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom