What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (103 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LT MAF is a great upgrade! I did the calculation before and you literally get twice the cross section compared to OEM. Or twice the volume at same air speed! The throttle response improvement should be immediately noticeable.
Does it do anything for MPG or more of seat of the pants feeling?

Super jealous of your amazing trip!

Btw change out your starter ASAP, it’s about to give up the ghost. Had the same exact thing happen to me, definitely the starter and not the relay. More precisely it’s the contact and plunger in the rear of the starter, can be rebuilt but easier just to install a good reman.
Thank you! We’ve been enjoying every minute of it. As for the starter, there isn’t a relay on the 1997 by default but in speaking to @malteserunner it’s a good idea to add one and fairly straightforward. I don’t want it to fail on my, that’s for sure! Maybe I’ll pick one up ad a spare. Eek...

Thank you! We’ve been enjoying every minute of it. As for the starter, there isn’t a relay on the 1997 by default but in speaking to @malteserunner it’s a good idea to add one and fairly straightforward. I don’t want it to fail on my, that’s for sure! Maybe I’ll pick one up ad a spare. Eek...
Jealous as well. But the snow has finally cleared enough for me to get up into the high country now. Starting tomorrow.

:cool:

@musthave If you want to come by, we can add that relay, before you head south. Let me know.

Last edited:
Ordered the 3" OME lift, now just waiting on delivery...

Does it do anything for MPG or more of seat of the pants feeling?

YMMV.....quite literally. For me, I think I gained maybe 0.5mpg at the time. And the seat of the pant feeling was definitely there for me.

It was our pleasure to spend the day with your family, Tim. We had a great time. Thanks for including us in your adventure.

Shut eye is one of my favorite places in the States. I spend many afternoons ditching class and driving up there in my old fj40. Your pics brought back some good memories. The forks restaurant is also on the list.

Shut eye is one of my favorite places in the States. I spend many afternoons ditching class and driving up there in my old fj40. Your pics brought back some good memories. The forks restaurant is also on the list.

Yep. I could have taken @musthave and his family to so many different destinations around here, but I chose Shuteye. It never disappoints!

The Forks is just tradition around here, as you know.

Next time you're out this way, feel free to get in touch. 👍

Tried to reset my dash clock and can’t remember how to do it.

I think you just push the button in and hold it and it will move forward. Stop when you get to the desired number. You have the hour button and the minute button.

Moved my 10 year old ARB CKMA12 from here:

IMG_4791.jpg

...to here:

IMG_4814.jpg

What a giant pain in the arse getting to those 4mm bolts holding the compressor into the bracket. I ended up sawzalling off the bolts running thru the wheel well as I could not get to the last bolt. The hardest part was refraining from prying the damn thing out with a crow bar.

Anyway, plenty of room on the DS side, and I fab'd up a temp bracket out of some sheet kicking around in the garage. Ultimately it should go into the rear quarter panel, but it's here for now.

On to more important things...

Washer bottle relocated - easy.
2nd battery tray installed - easy.
T-Max dual batt kit installed - easy, although I used none of the included wire or connectors.

Next step is to run power from the yellow-top aux to the QPM holding the pure sine inverter. Tomorrow.

Crossing the country starting Sunday, and need to charge the Onewheels as we go :grinpimp:

IMG_4817.jpg
IMG_4819.jpg
IMG_4754.jpg

Last edited:
Moved my 10 year old ARB CKMA12 from here:

View attachment 2014992

...to here:

View attachment 2014993

What a giant pain in the arse getting to those 4mm bolts holding the compressor into the bracket. I ended up sawzalling off the bolts running thru the wheel well as I could not get to the last bolt. The hardest part was refraining from prying the damn thing out with a crow bar.

Anyway, plenty of room on the DS side, and I fab'd up a temp bracket out of some sheet kicking around in the garage. Ultimately it should go into the rear quarter panel, but it's here for now.

On to more important things...

Washer bottle relocated - easy.
2nd battery tray installed - easy.
T-Max dual batt kit installed - easy, although I used none of the included wire or connectors.

Next step is to run power from the yellow-top aux to the QPM holding the pure sine inverter. Tomorrow.

Crossing the country starting Sunday, and need to charge the Onewheels as we go :grinpimp:

View attachment 2014994View attachment 2014995View attachment 2014996

Dang you've got a lot going on in that center console region! Does One-wheel not make a 12v charger? Coming over here from over a decade in the hashtag vanlife world, I'm really surprised at how many people run an inverter. A cardinal rule in that world when long terming in a vehicle is to keep everything 12volt. This is doubly important when your charging needs occur when the engine isn't running. From my research no inverter, even the expensive ones, are even close to 100% efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom