What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (76 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Started the conversion on my 4/93 80 from R12 to R134. Compressor was weak and I believe there was a combination of R12 and R134 in the system from the PO.

Had the refrigerant pumped out at a local shop. Dismantling and flushing All
Components .Changing out as needed evap, condenser. Have both in hand JIc they don’t clean up and test out. Swapping out New O-rings, compressor, pressure switch, drier, expansion valve, and inline filter.

Compressor runs continuously, makes coldish air, but doesn’t get up to operating pressures. Issue could be the expansion valve sticking, maybe the pressure switch but it’s low on what should be R12 also so I’m biting the bullet and converting it to a post 5/93 ac system.

I’m Planning a trip out west this August including SAS 3, don’t want complete failure on the trip.

View attachment 2001109

View attachment 2001110
Well, per the pic, you certainly don't have enough pressure in there, yet!

I pulled a 4Runner back to rubber side down on the way home from work. Crazy no one was hurt and the guy drove it away.

8DFD247F-FEDE-4A84-A463-9D42B5C168DA.jpeg

Whoops

ShinEtsu is the Japanese version of Sil-Glyde is suppose.

Cool! I'll be there in a month.

My family has been going down there to fish and boat every July for the last 25 yrs. It is a beautiful place (even after a hurricane). If you haven't tried Weber's Donuts, you are missing out. He is usually sold out by by 9AM and the line forms well before he opens.

PSJ.jpg

Cool! I'll be there in a month.

My family has been going down there to fish and boat every July for the last 25 yrs. It is a beautiful place (even after a hurricane). If you haven't tried Weber's Donuts, you are missing out. He is usually sold out by by 9AM and the line forms well before he opens.

View attachment 2002248
I live not far from there east near St Marks and this was the first time Id ever ran up the Cape. I have seen a lot of beaches including Central America. That may have been the prettiest beach i have ever seen. If you havent seen it since Mike.... It could have been a lot worse. Id say half of the homes are already fixed, most others are in the process, a handful are standing but goners. The road is one lane most of the way.

Inspected and cleaned the center console, put some leather care onto the dried out shift lever covers (I think since 1995 I was the first one doing so) also built a 4-way USB charger with voltmeters displaying both in and out voltage.

View attachment 2000260
I love the 4 way but seems awfully big no?? dont get me wrong I love your work.

Power steering pump reseal stalled mid go with a noisy bearing. All the chain part stores are idiots and my go to people are closed until Monday. Amazon to the rescue, an NSK 6203vv should be delivered tomorrow.

I guess I could clean it up and paint it. :grinpimp:

:doh:

View attachment 1998014
I'm in the same boat as you right now . Except the bearing i ordered was only single sided shield as opposed to double. So now waiting for correct one.

Some little updates I forgot to post...

First, after keeping an eye out for a steering wheel as mine got more sticky and unraveled with the increasing heat, I saw a fellow mud member put up this Lexus steering wheel for sale and gave me a great deal on it. It is in perfect shape. Yes, it is grey but I don't care. It's not worth the price premium for me to get my oak one recovered right now. Grey is probably better for me as grubby as my hands tend to be haha.
20190613_220611.jpg

Weekend before last my battery just died out of nowhere. Up Saturday morning, started fine. Went to cars and coffee and it started fine several times. Got breakfast after and came out and it was dead. Would barely jump. All my suppliers were closed so I got the joy of paying retail for the meanest 27F Batteries+ had in stock.
20190613_220633.jpg

Lastly, finally got the HP boost from some shiny new Mud decals.
20190613_222155.jpg

I'm trying to hit up the East Coast 4Runner Jamboree next weekend up in PA so I need to quit procrastinating and put my front diff in. Will get that in early next week with some fresh fluids and check my diff breathers. Hitting up a new park so that should be fun.

I love the 4 way but seems awfully big no?? dont get me wrong I love your work.

I'd say it should not be any bigger yes ... however, i liked the rugged looks of the case :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom