What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tried V8 FWD out.

C6020C21-0D50-4B82-A8BC-EEB1C34BD733.jpeg

It's not very often I see a built 80 in my neck of the woods but I saw this one today. It even had Hawaiin plates and those are also quite uncommon in my neighborhood. Anybody recognize her?
20190411_214007.jpg

Happened last weekend, but there are pics so it did happen. Really just a scenic drive on gravel, but any excuse to get out will do the trick for me.

Ya Ha Tinda Ranch, backing onto Banff National Park in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Is also a national historic site I believe, as well as the only working horse ranch in the country operated by government employees. Stock raised is primarily used by park rangers in backcounty areas of the park, also a popular access point for equine use of an extensive trail network. There was also a ridiculously large number of elk to be seen in the distance. Quite a spot.

View attachment 1951159

Happened last weekend, but there are pics so it did happen. Really just a scenic drive on gravel, but any excuse to get out will do the trick for me.

View attachment 1951163

View attachment 1951164

View attachment 1951165

Ya Ha Tinda Ranch, backing onto Banff National Park in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Is also a national historic site I believe, as well as the only working horse ranch in the country operated by government employees. Stock raised is primarily used by park rangers in backcounty areas of the park, also a popular access point for equine use of an extensive trail network. There was also a ridiculously large number of elk to be seen in the distance. Quite a spot.

I am surprised you could get into the back country this time of year. I have been to Glacier but haven't made it to Banff. Looks like I need to make that trip!

Changing my solar setup and going with a set of 110 watt panels. These Lensun panels fit almost perfectly between the roof rack rails on top of my Alu-Cab. Will mount up this weekend and post some pics !

Amazon product ASIN B07GWJH7G1

Hey - water tank, water heater, solar -- I'm curious about your build, do you have a thread?

Also replaced all rubber brake hoses, disc’s and EBC green stuff pads.
0DF5B8FD-E8C8-4D8A-B312-1A32F09A038B.jpeg

While I was at it I deleted the ABS. Now I have all of this extra real estate:
28929B3D-710B-4BFB-ADA5-742C710C07B7.jpeg

For all of the edge of your seat excitement be sure to check out my build thread. I took a week off from work so was able to get lots done.

Installed daytime running lights(required in Canada) in my new to me 93 from California. I also removed the rear window trim beneath the rear sliders and resealed the plastic clips. Hope that fixes the leak!

Hey - water tank, water heater, solar -- I'm curious about your build, do you have a thread?

Well.. if your going to Overland Expo West (in your backyard..) you can come check it out in person as my wife and I are attending!!
Thursday night through Sunday morning.

I’m re-resending new 1/2” SS rear heater lines before stabbing the engine back into my wife’s truck. My goal this weekend is to at least get the engine and tranny bolted back together and mounted in the truck.

Finished heater line pics to follow later...

9716887E-CC87-4484-86C4-70D597B77733.jpeg

D96DAED5-D785-4492-AB41-858AD1469EE8.jpeg

I’m re-resending new 1/2” SS rear heater lines before stabbing the engine back into my wife’s truck. My goal this weekend is to at least get the engine and tranny bolted back together and mounted in the truck.

Finished heater line pics to follow later...

View attachment 1951840

View attachment 1951841

Much better than a delete, I have many memories of warming my frozen feet in the back seat of the old mans 80 as a child. I always remember those times when people delete the rear heater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom