What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

great idea, Id rather hardware rather than software.

Yes and no I agree with the simplicity of hardware. Another problem as you I find myself setting up camp after dark and ready a level in the dark PIA. I do like the thought of being able to find my perfect spot and just look at my ipad and know where and how many of blocks I need and where to be perfect. This would make for a one time leveling move. A mechanical level will tell you are off but not how much.

FitRV-LevelMate-Pro-Setup-360x640.png

TLX-10pack_1024x1024.jpg

Yes and no I agree with the simplicity of hardware. Another problem as you I find myself setting up camp after dark and ready a level in the dark PIA. I do like the thought of being able to find my perfect spot and just look at my ipad and know where and how many of blocks I need and where to be perfect. This would make for a one time leveling move. A mechanical level will tell you are off but not how much.

FitRV-LevelMate-Pro-Setup-360x640.png

TLX-10pack_1024x1024.jpg

Geez...high maintenance Phyllis

Installed new speakers

Do you have a link for the shelf? Thanks

What he said. I just got my black 18X48 shelf from Container Store. Paid way too much because I had to have it shipped ($35). Noticed they have the chrome version at Lowe's for $20. Home Depot doesn't sell the individual shelves.

Put in an attic rack. Got the shelf from local Display store for $20. Made the brackets from some scrap (3/16" :) might be a bit overkill). Didn't have much time this weekend to tackle any of the other stuff on my list. But this was quick and easy.
Attic rack by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Performed a brain transplant!

I swapped my factory early '93 ECU with a used '94 from a local Mudder (thanks again D). Now, I'm still waiting for the darn thing to re-learn and stop idling poorly, but that was always the case before so I'm optimistic. I wrapped up the old ECU along with a spare fusible link, new O2 sensor, some 10awg wire & connectors, and a handful of fuses in a gallon zip-lock and shoved them into the passenger side cubby in the rear. Nice to have a couple of mission-critical spares on hand no matter where I go.

Nothing difficult, or glamorous, but that's a big step in building my confidence to hit the road in a 25 year old truck for long trips to remote locations. I guess I should track down another starter to add to the parts stash. Anything else you folks would recommend for "don't leave home without it" parts?

Finally some snow.. 25 year old truck that gets looks everywhere when the snow is out. Got to love it :clap:

Over last few weeks, installed a TJM bumper, Metal Tech sliders, front & rear rotors/pads and a bunch of interior goodies with my buddy @SteelHunterFJ80

Olaf.jpg

Olaf Snow.jpg

Sliders.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom