What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You need to up your Lev-O-Gage game. :flipoff2:
View attachment 1897283

I just did and upped your suggestion;)

LCP testing to begin on Wednesday

I just did and upped your suggestion;)

LCP testing to begin on Wednesday
Next suggestion; hopefully put it somewhere you can see it while parking so you don’t have to keep getting out to check? :idea:

Next suggestion; put it somewhere you can see it while parking so you don’t have to keep getting out to check? :idea:

Done see the link above you quoted ;)

Available soon the highly sought after @smittycrusher Lev-O-Gage slightly used

Last edited:
Done see the link above you quoted ;)

I saw what it was, but after your brilliant location for the gauge, I wouldn’t have put it past you to mount the screen somewhere equally difficult. :rolleyes:

Also, if it doesn’t say Land Cruiser you’re settling for less at this point. :flush:

I saw what it was, but after your brilliant location for the gauge, I wouldn’t have put it past you to mount the screen somewhere equally difficult. :rolleyes:

Also, if it doesn’t say Land Cruiser you’re settling for less at this point. :flush:

You continue to underestimate me as you fall further behind....To each his own

Add ons continue: installed Smittybuilt 12k Synthetic X2O winch and @dogfishlake bowfincruisers sliders. Sliders are extremely stout and should suit me well on any rocks I may encounter.

View attachment 1897260

View attachment 1897262

View attachment 1897263

View attachment 1897264

Sweet! You work fast. I was going to message you to see how install was going. That is some tight fitting I know. Looks great.

Old picture BB (before Bowfin) but the sliders can definitely hold the truck up!

Sweet! You work fast. I was going to message you to see how install was going. That is some tight fitting I know. Looks great.

Old picture BB (before Bowfin) but the sliders can definitely hold the truck up!
View attachment 1897401View attachment 1897402
They were definitely heavy and yes the passenger side was tight but fittment was good. The powder coating is almost too nice to scratch...

ARB Bullbar install. Next up, a winch. Any recommendations?

Dude, we could have the same truck. The default license plate bracket location really bothers me...thinking about moving it either lower or to one side. But seeing how clean yours looks without the ARB bumper is making me think about whether I should keep my nearly new one (it came on the truck) or sell it to spend on other stuff. But your pictures have definitely made me sure that I want to source some stock wheels and sell these Trail Editions. Looking good!

mounted my DIY rack... it feels like I'm dragging a parachute.

Add ons continue: installed Smittybuilt 12k Synthetic X2O winch and @dogfishlake bowfincruisers sliders. Sliders are extremely stout and should suit me well on any rocks I may encounter.

View attachment 1897260

View attachment 1897262

View attachment 1897263

View attachment 1897264

View attachment 1897401View attachment 1897402
So uh how much are a set of these? ;)

My wife and I were headed up to central WI last weekend and saw this 40th anniversary 80 beside the road. Didn't have time to stop and beings it's in WI figured it must be a bit rusty as most are up here. So on our way home I stopped to take a look and found it to be a rust free truck. The gentleman that was selling it is from TX and had it here at his summer lake cabin so its completely rust free. Needless to say I couldn't resist and suddenly found myself driving it home.

It is a 2 owner truck and has 244k miles but is completely stock and complete. It even still has the tool kit and jack.

It appears the tool kit has never really been used. Someone that knows what's all supposed to be in those tool kits will have to tell me what's missing from it yet.

I would love to keep it but my brother has been hunting for one of these for some time so might end up letting him have it. For a northerner, it feels like a real lucky find. All for the price of $4000.

My wife and I were headed up to central WI last weekend and saw this 40th anniversary 80 beside the road. Didn't have time to stop and beings it's in WI figured it must be a bit rusty as most are up here. So on our way home I stopped to take a look and found it to be a rust free truck. The gentleman that was selling it is from TX and had it here at his summer lake cabin so its completely rust free. Needless to say I couldn't resist and suddenly found myself driving it home.

View attachment 1898152

It is a 2 owner truck and has 244k miles but is completely stock and complete. It even still has the tool kit and jack.

View attachment 1898153View attachment 1898154

It appears the tool kit has never really been used. Someone that knows what's all supposed to be in those tool kits will have to tell me what's missing from it yet.

I would love to keep it but my brother has been hunting for one of these for some time so might end up letting him have it. For a northerner, it feels like a real lucky find. All for the price of $4000.

Where at in Iowegia?

Damn that tool bag is CLEAN! From memory as an original owner, it looks complete. Mine is a whole lot more dirty than that one. Nice find. Lockers? You are one hell of a brother to let that go!

Damn that tool bag is CLEAN! From memory as an original owner, it looks complete. Mine is a whole lot more dirty than that one. Nice find. Lockers? You are one hell of a brother to let that go!

No lockers. Ya he'll owe me big time. To be honest I can't believe im letting him have it either. Really I'm just happy for it to go to someone whos going to take care of it. He's a Toyota life-timer so it's in good hands. If I hadn't already put so much time into mine already I would be selling mine and keeping this one. Now that he has one it'll be fun to work on them together.

Removed old busted power steering cooler (18 years of rust made it way more difficult than it should have been). Then installed new mo' betta power steering cooler and new low pressure lines. My high pressure lines are already fairly new. I had to cut the old system out in pieces.
View attachment 963497View attachment 963499View attachment 963501
Mo betta and you are in good company ;)
Curious, did y'all have to remove the battery/tray to replace the lines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom