What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Passed NJ emissions inspection today ! :bounce:

Do you know how difficult it is to get the CAT monitor to set by following the Toyota drive cycle in NJ? 7 minutes at 40-55mph, and then 7 minutes at 35-45 mph is darn near impossible in this state. You can't drive 7 minutes ANYWHERE at a constant speed without hitting a stoplight or traffic. It took me 650 miles and a week of driving to finally get the CAT monitor to go READY.

I did find out after the fact however, that in NJ, 1996-2001 vehicles are allowed two non-continuous monitors to be in the not-ready state and still pass inspection. Regardless, I'm now good for two years and can move on to more fun maintenance/projects.

Inspection.jpg

Also added some bling to the engine.

My old heat shields had finally cracked around the bolt heads enough that they were beyond repair. My wiring harness and AC line will run happier now :).

Heat Shields.jpg

well it was an extended weekend but I took my newly rebuilt supercharger for a test drive and after 9470 miles Its good to go. stopped here and there pacific ocean moab the usual spots and the way home picked up another complete supercharger intercooler etc as well as a pratically new double cardon DS and new roof rack that I need to powder coat. long trip heading out again in another month or so, might hit expo west with some buddies.
DSCN8647.JPG
DSCN8646.JPG
DSCN8645.JPG
DSCN8648.JPG
DSCN8649.JPG

:) just did the "please go up, please go up" chant the other day as they creeped their way back home. Time for runs, door seals, motors, etc... on mine.

Been there. Done that.

I just did new rear window runs and motors this last week since they would hardly move in our frigid, 43 degrees, Nor Cal winter mornings. Now they run like a champ. Well worth the time and money investment but what a pain of a job.

Owning a 22 year old car sure has its challenges......

You know what we call 43 degrees in January in Iowa? Baseball/Golf/Shorts weather.

Been there. Done that.

You know what we call 43 degrees in January in Iowa? Baseball/Golf/Shorts weather.
same here lol

54C75906-0886-4B39-978B-E5E8C4DCB431.jpeg

Started this yesterday after I discovered soggy carpets after a rainstorm. Window didn’t go up all the way and I didn’t realize water was entering ! While carpets are out getting a shampoo bath, I decided to pull the trigger on sound deadening material.....

It gave me a chance to do this time consuming, horrible job. Kinda wish I had left well enough alone but I’m too far down the rabbit hole now so I guess I better finish up.

I know I’m probably gonna love the results when I’m done but never again !!!

I am fighting a failed emissions test so this weekend is a garage adventure. Emissions reported 4 failed test. The first fix was to replace the rear o2 sensor due to a failed heater. That failure seems to prevent several 'periodic' tests from running. The OBD2 reader is now reporting an 'EGR INC' status. I have not had a chance to complete the EGR drive cycle. Hopefully that will allow it to run to completion.

Got tired of light surface rust/brake crust on my hubs. Restored my hubs with new OEM studs and POR-15...PITA actually
20190125_183231.jpg
20190126_191233.jpg
20190126_191242.jpg

Hung a couple of Matrix LED lights on the sides of my Prinsu as I had seen another do. Need to wire up 2x more facing rear-ish in the back. They will all switch on at once. May pull the spoiler as it blocks rack mounted lights back there.

What in the hell do you live?!?! I just looked it up and you are close to Japan! Google maps doesn’t even have directions from Kamchatka to St Petersburg (we are going there in a couple of months and was wondering where this is in relation).
You can only fly to Kamchatka. There is no road from other states. Only airplane from Moscow or Vladivostok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom