What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (157 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where the heck were all you Sac town fools when my son and I were out there this winter?! We went through Folsom and Placerville and all of those places! :flipoff2:

I was out of town that week, I was bummed 'cause I wanted to hook up with you guys.

Had to say goodbye to my Land Cruisers for a couple months in exchange for summer travel adventures.
IMG_6011.JPG

But still able to keep it Teq 2,500 miles across the ocean, and give some Aloha love in CA. I will be on the lookout for familiar Land Cruisers as I criss cross your freeways.
IMG_6010.JPG

Had to say goodbye to my Land Cruisers for a couple months in exchange for summer travel adventures.
View attachment 1487930
But still able to keep it Teq 2,500 miles across the ocean, and give some Aloha love in CA. I will be on the lookout for familiar Land Cruisers as I criss cross your freeways.
View attachment 1487929

Tons of cruiser support through Cali, what parts of the state are you headed to? NorCal, SoCal?

Got an exciting weekend planned. Knuckle rebuild for the 93. Long overdue. Picked up this handy dandy pump to help with things...

IMG_0388.JPG

Also, the fireman mod didn't solve my leaking issue. I'm thinking plugged sunroof drain? It's leaking on to the front passenger side floor. I think it's going straight in to behind the plastic moulding.

Then again, I just felt the headliner In the upper pass side corner. And it's wet. Is this the "normal" sunroof leak area?

IMG_0411.JPG

Yes sun roof manifests in the headliner, windshield manifests in bottom corners of windshield and back firewall.

Also, the fireman mod didn't solve my leaking issue. I'm thinking plugged sunroof drain? It's leaking on to the front passenger side floor. I think it's going straight in to behind the plastic moulding.

Then again, I just felt the headliner In the upper pass side corner. And it's wet. Is this the "normal" sunroof leak area?

View attachment 1487972

Also it might not be sunroof drains, but the gasket allowing more water than the drains can deal with. My drains are totally clear but the water ends up on the floor.. I found that it flows across a small plastic part, into a screwhole, then onto the headliner.. with much of the water missing the drain pan completely.

Vinyl tape and unhooking the sunroof switch was my solution.

Last edited:
Make sure your sunroof closes flush to the roof my buddy's doesn't raise all the way up when closing allowing a small gap for water to get in

LOL probably true, the association is retarded as far as I can tell, all for looks really. Fortunately it's not as retarded as my dad's condo's association but that's another conversation.

And yes I have seen a few "Stepford Wives" specimens walking around. Wife really likes the Irvine planned community thing, good thing she makes good money to help pay for it. I wanted that little house on the hill with chickens for less than half the price and only a couple of miles away but wife is a true city gal. Plus the only reason I'm moving there is because she got a good gig there, so that's that.

You'll love Sac. I lived up in El Dorado Hills when I lived in Sacramento 10 years ago. Out there the term is "Folsom Wives" from what I remember. Great area though...we planted roots in Kansas City now and may never leave, but that is one of the places I remember most fondly.

View attachment 1487930
View attachment 1487929

If you and Mike are in the Boulder, CO area you have dinner and plenty of drinking on the house!

Safe travels.

Almost done with moving, just a bunch of boxes and smaller stuff. Didn't realize we had so much stuff! Hope she does ok on the grapevine, fortunately it is much cooler than last week.

IMG_0322.JPG

Had to remind a coworker that just got a new TRD Pro Tundra what awesome really is....

IMG_2251.JPG

...I found that it flows across a small plastic part, into a screwhole, then onto the headliner..

@LS1FJ40 this ^^. If you havent already, check the small black plastic caps, they are inexpensive and often the cause of leaks. As they age and weather they warp and crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom