What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took the 80 up to our place near Tahoe for a weekend of skiing.

Doing what the 80 does best, hauling us up there without a hitch, and getting over 400 miles on the main tank before the 5 gallon light came on. You have to love diesel, turning what was previously a two-fill-up round trip, to an easy no-additional fuel needed trip.

full

Diesel envy....

Are you making your own cables? I'm at the same point as you with my ACR install, but need to get on with the cables.

Do yourself a favor and use welding cable... from what I recall when I did mine it has more strands, better flow and less expensive.

Ordered all mine along with the lugs from McMaster.

Got my tires finally! Rides like a dream. 285/75-16 BFG AT from tirerack.com

What's weird is the discount tire computer showed 93s as having 15" rims so they said they wouldn't install them. But I had them come outside and showed them I have 16" wheels, which is even what it says on the sticker in the door. So their computer is wrong...

IMG_8402.JPG

91,92 had 15's and I think 93 might have been a transition year depending on when it actually came off the production line...

Would need to check that FAQ on the Slee site.

91,92 had 15's and I think 93 might have been a transition year depending on when it actually came off the production line...

Would need to check that FAQ on the Slee site.
Pretty much. Trans year. Could vary. Just like a ODB1 95, even though most were II.

Are you making your own cables? I'm at the same point as you with my ACR install, but need to get on with the cables.

I need to get cables and circuit breakers. Let me know what you end up doing. What would be ideal is to know what parts to buy, where to get them, what lengths..etc.

The motor is out of my LX now but I have so much going on with my build it's tough to keep focused.

I need to get cables and circuit breakers. Let me know what you end up doing. What would be ideal is to know what parts to buy, where to get them, what lengths..etc.

The motor is out of my LX now but I have so much going on with my build it's tough to keep focused.

Anchor Marine cable. It is tinned to resist corrosion. You can use welding cable but it will corrode in time.

All of it is available on Amazon. None of it is real cheap. I posted almost all of what I used in my thread in my signature. Towards the end of the thread. Last 6-10 pages or so.

Do yourself a favor and use welding cable... from what I recall when I did mine it has more strands, better flow and less expensive.

Ordered all mine along with the lugs from McMaster.

Please DO NOT use welding cable, use marine cable. Welding cable coating is not rated the same, and will burn toxically if overheated. Marine cable is a low smoke low halogen wire, and this is exactly it's intended purpose.

Go to West Marine, or your local marine supply shop and buy some good tinned copper primary cable.

First I've heard of this...

Good to know, I've had mine on now for about 5yrs and never had an issue or corrosion. That said all ends are capped with high quality soldered lugs and marine grade heat shrink.

When done correctly the only way you could get corrosion is if the jacket was cut as the solder is solid back a good 1" from the lugs.

Seems to me that if it can carry the load of a 240v welder it can carry the load of a 12V / 24v system just fine.

But hey, WM makes some great expensive stuff.

-A

Not much this weekend. But did update my fireplace :flipoff2:

View attachment 1397670

I get it! You light a fire during the summer and stand next to it so it's cooler than outside! We do that here in Iowa in the winter. Go in to a walk in freezer to warm up.

Today at work I had our Loss Prevention Manager pull up the CCTV of the outside of our store/parking lot. I told him I needed him to look at something. I had parked next to his Heep Cherokee. I said "Look how tiny your Heep is next to my Land Cruiser! It's so adorable!" And walked out of his office. :moon:

Today at work I had our Loss Prevention Manager pull up the CCTV of the outside of our store/parking lot. I told him I needed him to look at something. I had parked next to his Heep Cherokee. I said "Look how tiny your Heep is next to my Land Cruiser! It's so adorable!" And walked out of his office. :moon:
as a recovering XJ owner I have great appreciation for the adequate space my 80 provides...:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom