What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I towed the four wheelers up in the woods. With a 3FE! Held 50mph up the grade, and 60mph through rolling hills no problem. I wouldn't want to tow them through the rockies on the freeway, but on secondary roads for short trips it tows fine.

3FE POWA!

image.jpeg
Did some split boarding outside of Kirkwood...

That's right. It's only "POWA" since it's less than 1FZ which has POWER. Mathematically speaking you are right. 4/5 of the power on 1FZ.
220 lb-ft (3FE) / 275 lb-ft 1FZ = 0.8
4/5= 0.8

Sir, you are right again. One helluva Texan. Can't wait to drink a beer with you. paid by Joey

I'm no Texan! I'm an Iowan! F&$% Texas!

Yes, it will be fun! Looking forward to it!

Occasionally I will let him drive my Land Cruiser......yeah right, he probably drives it twice as much as me these days! Spousal Land Cruiser Highjacking (SLCH), is this a common thing?
image.jpeg

It's OK, the other side of the garage is already being cleared out for a second Cruiser....hopefully coming soon!
But I told him he only gets grainy, poor quality camera phone selfies until he gets his own account here on Mud, he's long overdue on signing up.

Did a much needed oil change, t-case fluid change and top engine cleaner which believe it or not did a ton! Old gal smoked for miles but is a night and day difference in how smooth she's running.

What cleaner did you use?

That's right. It's only "POWA" since it's less than 1FZ which has POWER. Mathematically speaking you are right. 4/5 of the power on 1FZ.
220 lb-ft (3FE) / 275 lb-ft 1FZ = 0.8
4/5= 0.8

Sir, you are right again. One helluva Texan. Can't wait to drink a beer with you. paid by Joey

You realize that a 1FZ-FE owner bragging about "power" to a 3FE owner is like a kid bragging to another about being the smartest retard on the short bus, right?

Occasionally I will let him drive my Land Cruiser......yeah right, he probably drives it twice as much as me these days! Spousal Land Cruiser Highjacking (SLCH), is this a common thing?
View attachment 1209401
It's OK, the other side of the garage is already being cleared out for a second Cruiser....hopefully coming soon!
But I told him he only gets grainy, poor quality camera phone selfies until he gets his own account here on Mud, he's long overdue on signing up.

About time the man side of that relationship got in on things. BTW, you look eerily like Billie Piper in that picture. My eldest daughter likes that tint as well.

That's a pretty cool an unique design and certainly well executed. Just curious as to why you went with two swing outs considering the drivers side one is so small? I understand the arguments for single swing out and I can also understand the arguments for two swing outs, but to me it seems as though you ended up with the good points of neither arguments. Not trying to be critical as I still think it's a cool bumper, just curious about the thought process.
I had ordered two spindles to do a double swing out because I liked the balance look. Once we started getting into design we realized the only way to center the back tire was one long swing or a long and short. Since I had the second one we just used it.

This setup takes some weight off of the spindle so you don't get as much droop. More weight was forcing us to increase the angle to offset droop which starts to impact opening and closing. You also need less clearance in the back to open everything up.

Not much this weekend, but I did get a new Ironman steering dampener installed.

Front axle finally ready for reinstall!
  • All new wheel and trunion bearings
  • New seals/felts
  • ARB Air locker and all new bearings/seals in third member (installed by Zuk, thanks!)
  • New suspension bushings and panhard bushings
  • New tie rod ends
  • Rebuilt the calipers
  • New pads/rotors
  • New Nitro birfs
  • New custom Fox 10" travel Stem-Stem (no adapters) remote reservoir 8 position adjustable shocks built by Downsouth Motorsports
  • Slee 1.18" Spring spacers
  • New brake lines, extended length brake lines
  • Some more stuff I'm sure
IMG_6584-L.jpg

Spring Gobbler season will be opening here in NE FL in about five weeks, so I took my two grandsons out for an afternoon of sighting in and getting them pumped up for the adventures ahead. Last year I bought a Remington 870 Youth Synthetic 20 ga and added a Primos Tight Wad choke, Burris Fast Fire III sight, Knoxx Spec Ops Recoil Reducing stock and rapid adjustable sling. I have a great time chasing wild turkeys around the woods and swamps with my grandson. The Cruiser is our all around family recreational vehicle. It comfortably took seven of us to lunch Saturday.

Fixed my window. New rubber channels. Window came completely off the track. The old rubber was really trashed and battered. No pics of the carnage. Rolls up like frogs in a dynamite pond now.

Went skiing. Cracked a rib. Ouch. Great day though.

IMG_1886.JPG
IMG_1886.JPG
IMG_1928.JPG

new belts and idler pulleys. took longer than 20 minutes though... Quiet as a prius now!

Ok, so I am counting today as "the weekend" because yesterday was a holiday, and today everything shut down because of our dumping of snow... However, I'll start with the weekend....

Weekend. Light dusting of snow - drove the cottage road for the first time ever in winter... ( a few hills are at the limit due to length and north side slope)

image.jpeg

Today I pulled 11 people out of our parking lot including UPS. Well, 10 people out of the lot - the 11th was UPS again 2 blocks down the street when he got stuck sideways in the middle of the intersection and ran all the way back to ask if I could pull him again. (I did of course) Pulled #12 out on the way home.... Got a lot of comments of "I need to buy one of those" Would someone please tell me why car manufacturers don't put s*** for tow hooks on anymore????

image.jpeg

Headed out to Barbers Point lighthouse over the weekend. Pretty well known landmark here on Oahu, but its kind of tucked away and gets very few visitors at this secluded little beach park.
DSC_1216.jpg

DSC_1151.jpg

My little munchkin princess wanted in on posing with mom up against this fantastic green plant-wall backdrop.
5.jpg

4-2.jpg

Pretty standard beach parking lot poser shot!
DSC_1144-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom