What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Refreshed my backer board and replaced the plastic snaps.
YYxGjjW.jpg

1AB7aDx.jpg

kD9Xevz.jpg

I think I have finally fixed the CEL/cold start/poor idle issues with the 3FE we have had over the last couple of weeks. Order of operations:
- replaced O2 sensors, no significant change
- inspected distributer - nothing significant
- cleaned throttle body and tested/adjusted TPS - minor improvement
- tested MAF sensor per FSM, OK
- cleaned cold start injector - no change
- removed connectors on cold start timer and water temp sensor, cleaned
- tested water temp sensor with Ohmmeter - in spec per FSM.
replaced connections on cold start timer and water temp sensor.
works now.

the old "take it apart and put it back together" trick??
I'm thinking the connection wasn't good on the water temp sensor.

Anyway, started up like a champ this morning. feels like a victory.

I think I have finally fixed the CEL/cold start/poor idle issues with the 3FE we have had over the last couple of weeks. Order of operations:
- replaced O2 sensors, no significant change
- inspected distributer - nothing significant
- cleaned throttle body and tested/adjusted TPS - minor improvement
- tested MAF sensor per FSM, OK
- cleaned cold start injector - no change
- removed connectors on cold start timer and water temp sensor, cleaned
- tested water temp sensor with Ohmmeter - in spec per FSM.
replaced connections on cold start timer and water temp sensor.
works now.

the old "take it apart and put it back together" trick??
I'm thinking the connection wasn't good on the water temp sensor.

Anyway, started up like a champ this morning. feels like a victory.
When I was first firing up the freshly rebuilt 3FE that I installed in my '86 FJ60 I had one code, it was the connection on one of those two.

A little late to post. But this weekend after waiting since July. I picked it up in denver and drove it to Spokane. How many rigs can you drive 1000 miles and not have any big glitches?

1611629451964.png

A little late to post. But this weekend after waiting since July. I picked it up in denver and drove it to Spokane. How many rigs can you drive 1000 miles and not have any big glitches?

View attachment 2565186

Looks clean. What is on the roof?

Wait a minute, what’s up with the side marker lights?...front in the “wrong” place and no rear light, and no side vent. And what is the monogrammed skid plate up front? And the mirrors? And full floater? Lol.
Is that an import truck or just some custom stuff done to it?

Last edited:

Wait a minute, what’s up with the side marker lights?...front in the “wrong” place and no rear light, and no side vent. And what is the monogrammed skid plate up front? And the mirrors? And full floater? Lol.
Fenders look like they’re from a BJ60

Fenders look like they’re from a BJ60
Could it be a euro HJ60/61 without the Diesel or turbo badge on the grill? Great looking truck as well

designed a new setup for using the common Anchor 2909 motor mounts for LS conversions into 60's

142475124_174433710685800_3459269760253773386_n.jpg
143467544_687843581882701_3772590664902861962_n.jpg

Desmogged last year, this winter pulled the intake and got rid of the air injection rail and vacuum hard lines just trying to tidy things up. I still needed vacuum to the vsv for the charcoal canister and didn't want to just run vac lines across so I made a new set of hard lines for under the manifold with only what I needed. I used 1/4 and 3/16 NICOPP brake line and it solders together real nice.

IMG_20210127_152938.jpg

IMG_20210127_160553.jpg

IMG_20210127_160524.jpg

Desmogged last year, this winter pulled the intake and got rid of the air injection rail and vacuum hard lines just trying to tidy things up. I still needed vacuum to the vsv for the charcoal canister and didn't want to just run vac lines across so I made a new set of hard lines for under the manifold with only what I needed. I used 1/4 and 3/16 NICOPP brake line and it solders together real nice.

View attachment 2566944
View attachment 2566945
View attachment 2566946
Very nice work. Going the extra mile for a clean conversion. :clap:

View attachment 2566944
View attachment 2566945
View attachment 2566946

Oooh nice work on the metal spaghetti fab...are the two smaller hard lines coming from the BVSV up by the thermostat?

Just last night I was pulling vac lines and blowing through them to match where they end, and tape labeling each matching end. I am debating hard about deleting the metal spaghetti under the intake. I want it gone but might leave it just in case and just bypass it to make more direct fewer connections.
Next project is intake system/exhaust manifold refresh and send injectors out...and the air rail is coming out - full smog job.

665CBCD6-0529-44EB-9800-CE6B7EA1C9EC.jpeg

8BEFA869-C015-44B5-8688-72E0F404B4C3.jpeg

View attachment 2566944
View attachment 2566945
View attachment 2566946

What did you do with the VSV(and its wiring) for the FPR? Hard to see from the photo, is it on the front of the intake mani?

It’s a HUGE sun roof. That goes all the way back to the passenger seats.

Nice job. I’m going to try to do a shave job on a 3FE upper intake soon to make it look like EGR was never there if you want to tidy it up even more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom