What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Universal Joints at the Bluegrass Land Cruisers TLCA meeting.

8iunTPq.jpg

8AO5klk.jpg

12ZVRgw.jpg

Replaced with Marlin Crawler's u-joints and fixed a light 50-55 mph vibration!

That Blue Pig is awesome! One day I will own one of those.

where is this? I wouldn't mind cruising up the 395 and checking it out.
It is Chidago Canyon Rd. You can access it from Hwy.6, just north of Chalfant. It goes all the way through to Benton Crossing Rd., but the snow is too deep right now. It would be a great run in spring. Don't hesitate to let me know if you are coming this way, maybe we can wheel together:cheers:.

Last edited:
Installed 80 series rear shoulder belts in my early FJ62. Definitely a nice upgrade from the old factory lap belts!
46225841325_16602210a7_z.jpg

32198076237_3f0ac9c1d4_z.jpg

Big thanks to @Kleatus , who welded in some reinforcing plates for the retractor mounts since they were just mounted to thin body sheet metal.
32198078037_81e788b5ac_z.jpg

Install is 90% there (still need to fiddle with one of the anchors). Still need to finish a couple small things, and wait until warmer weather to paint the exposed metal to ensure long-term rust prevention. Big thanks to @beno for helping with the parts hunting and acquisition, @NookShneer for all the advice and urging me to stop talking and just cut the damn metal, and @TRAIL TAILOR for helping source the OEM 60 series retractor covers! :cheers:

Lets see, last few weekends I:

1. rebuilt half of my power steering box to address my manual steering on 37s for 900 miles. I blew a seal out on my power steering box in Big Bend in early January and didn't fix it til a week or two ago. The truck is my current daily driver too. great arm workout.

2. rescued a honda odyssey going down a 4x4 only road becasue they were following GPS

3. Replaced the U-Joint in my drive shaft so that I could put my trail spare yoke back into my trail spare box.

4. Took poser pictures for instagram and here

51440668_10213745267405565_141452746439000064_o.jpg

51496058_10213745264565494_5297983867766964224_n.jpg

Lets see, last few weekends I:

1. rebuilt half of my power steering box to address my manual steering on 37s for 900 miles. I blew a seal out on my power steering box in Big Bend in early January and didn't fix it til a week or two ago. The truck is my current daily driver too. great arm workout.

2. rescued a honda odyssey going down a 4x4 only road becasue they were following GPS

3. Replaced the U-Joint in my drive shaft so that I could put my trail spare yoke back into my trail spare box.

4. Took poser pictures for instagram and here

View attachment 1910013

Looks like a stream in the Ozarks

View attachment 1910017

Good eye. It is in fact the Buffalo NR in the heart of the Ozarks. Joys of Fed life. I get to go all over the place in one of my Land Cruiser and get paid. Ill be sad when I am stuck in one spot for more than 6 months at a time and settle down.

I know the Buffalo. Head east over to the Blanchard Springs area N of Mt. View and do some roaming around. More good country.

Had some 33x10.5s mounted. With stock gearing I really only notice the added rubber on starts and highway inclines, but I'm always able to maintain 65-70 if needed when the carb secondary opens up.

Needs an H55F. It's the best of both worlds with Texas roads.

I put gas in it...The significance of that is my wife had driven Elsie (my FJ62) earlier in the day and when I got in and started it the gas gauge did not move at all. Luckily I was able to make it the 1 mile to the gas station to fill up. When I returned home I asked her if she noticed it was out of gas. Her response "no, I don't even know where the gas gauge is on that thing." :bang:

I put gas in it...The significance of that is my wife had driven Elsie (my FJ62) earlier in the day and when I got in and started it the gas gauge did not move at all. Luckily I was able to make it the 1 mile to the gas station to fill up. When I returned home I asked her if she noticed it was out of gas. Her response "no, I don't even know where the gas gauge is on that thing." :bang:

Does she realize that “that thing” Is one of the best vehicles ever made?

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom