What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the fact you have liquid to fish doesn’t compute here! we had -52C with wind chill last week! thankfully i was cruising through the mountains in a balmy -20C the last couple days.

Smog was up this month, went from partial desmog, to full smog and back to partial desmog. Then passed thanks to @NookShneer lending me his air pump since we learned of @Spike Strip smog rebuilder after.

Hopefully now that I ‘live’ in Lake county....she won’t be smogged anymore.

603C5FC6-2D50-4FE9-91F5-F38E145D4949.jpeg

1B9E2A66-16B1-4908-8087-082AD8B3A885.jpeg

C5F961DC-DA54-4796-B12B-FA70F8591DC1.jpeg

Finally got around to repainting the rear frame on my '84 in anticipation of a new receiver hitch. Sections of the rear crossmember I could see looked to be covered in surface rust. I was pleasantly surprised after pulling off the bumper it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Sanded things down, primed, and hit it with some epoxy paint:

So stoked to have this finally done. Been wanting to get to this since buying the truck 2.5 years ago.

Also managed to install front door speaker adapter rings I got from @TheNeek. These worked out perfect. Now my aftermarket front door speakers are mounted properly, much better than the hack job I originally did on them. Up until about a week ago I had no idea these adapters were even available. A little thing but feels better knowing these speakers are not going anywhere. Thanks @TheNeek for the hookup.

Finally got around to repainting the rear frame on my '84 in anticipation of a new receiver hitch. Sections of the rear crossmember I could see looked to be covered in surface rust. I was pleasantly surprised after pulling off the bumper it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Sanded things down, primed, and hit it with some epoxy paint:

View attachment 1902018
View attachment 1902019View attachment 1902020
View attachment 1902021
View attachment 1902022

So stoked to have this finally done. Been wanting to get to this since buying the truck 2.5 years ago.
Is that VHT epoxy? Looks pretty good. Curious to know how it holds up

Is that VHT epoxy? Looks pretty good. Curious to know how it holds up

Yeah it is the VHT. I used it up front late last year and so far it seems to hold up nice. I like how it lays down. I am not sure how much 'epoxy' there is in it...just seems to be like any other paint in terms of how its sprayed and does not include the typical two chamber mixing setup I have seen with other spray epoxy type paints. I figured I would take a chance on this and go with something else if its not good. Dries pretty hard though so I like it so far. Has a nice balance between a shine and matte finish. Its better than the 'surface rust finish' that was on there. We shall see.

Yeah, that's the way to go. Zero fab required and a better end product, that you can also use down the road with lift springs. Adjustability is great, you don't need to run such heavy springs if you don't need them.
I ordered the Boss kit. Excited to get it installed!

I picked up a 62 this weekend finally as I have been hunting for a while. I drove 10 hours round trip and picked up this 1989 one owner with 201k miles. It is in good condition, but runs rough as it has been neglected by the family as their dad passed a while ago and they didn’t take great care of it. The oil was so low it was barely showing on the dipstick. Atleast it wasn’t seized. I can’t wait to give it the life it deserves. It was pretty awesome to find the window sticker and build sheet too.

View attachment 1898311
best land cruiser color combo two-tone ever bud. congrats.

It’s been a few busy weekends!
I think I have finished playing bumpers...
Got it installed, lights wired to a 60 defrost/converted @FJ6T switch, wired the winch, and installed the battery cables @Fourrunner, and got the winch tensioned today.
YAY! So much fun to drive a 60/62!
...now I need to get a recovery kit put together...

729A87D2-4F6A-4428-853A-951F67293CC7.jpeg

3914BEE6-B31D-41BB-9B6F-8FCE22A3E1C0.jpeg

AA6E46EF-C415-46B2-AF77-81CFA5E35A3B.jpeg

For most of that you don't have to look farther than across the street from your shop :). I bought my snatch block, shackle, and D-ring receiver from 4 Wheel Parts several years ago. Take a walk across Menaul at lunch tomorrow and check them out.

It’s been a few busy weekends!
I think I have finished playing bumpers...
Got it installed, lights wired to a 60 defrost/converted @FJ6T switch, wired the winch, and installed the battery cables @Fourrunner, and got the winch tensioned today.
YAY! So much fun to drive a 60/62!

View attachment 1907171

View attachment 1907172

View attachment 1907173
That looks good. Someday I’m gonna see that rig in person.

Took the 👸 and the pup for a little snow/sightseeing wheelin. Snow was really hard and crusty but the views were spectacular. Even saw some petroglyphs and a giant turtle (well at least a rock that looked like one):cheers:

P2180005.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom