What did you do to your pig today? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mounted the tire and tried it on while I am waiting in the other 3 wheels. I am wondering if I need the lift or could I just add a slightly larger shackle. Mounted on the rear would be the tell tale sign I guess.

38A5DFF8-E1B7-4D5E-9DCF-F9CB5C095638.jpeg

385A3BB6-D856-489E-87CF-E65A273D449D.jpeg

58E2B7F8-96E3-4F01-BA20-2BB490F6001A.jpeg

How do you like the current ride and handling?
So far it seems fine. Has some body roll when cornering. Not quite as nice as when I added the 2.5" pro-comp springs and Bilstein shocks on my 40.

So you could probably get by with longer shackles, but it will change the steer axle geometry, notably the caster, which will increase wandering and other such malcontent and misbehavior. Most opt for shims to help correct it. Stop me if you’ve heard this story before...

So you could probably get by with longer shackles, but it will change the steer axle geometry, notably the caster, which will increase wandering and other such malcontent and misbehavior. Most opt for shims to help correct it. Stop me if you’ve heard this story before...
No worries. Very familiar with the castor issue. Just thinking out load more than anything.

Following along here. I'm going with stock plus shackles. Will need to decide on a tire size. Those are 285/75r16 yes?

That's my 15 year old son... yesterday he spent soldering his computer keyboard parts together that he got for his birthday. I guess that is better than his normal weekend day where he spends online yelling at his gaming friends.

I would be psyched if my 14 YO wanted be build a computer and solder connections...

Spent some time in the shop doing a little organizing. Hoping to pull AuPig‘s body inside soon to move forward On the project. Doors open, tunes turned up. Lynard Skinner was on doing Freebird. Of course I had to crank it up. Took me back to the Ozark Music Festival in 1974 at Mo. State fairgrounds. Ended up dancing like no one was looking. Great afternoon and memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom