Lake City Limo (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
Coming soon .......

BBF4A60B-1DF2-41B5-A6F2-745A7BABACFA.jpeg

In

As y’all know I moved my FJ40 on to another keeper via Bring a Trailer.

If you were following the auction it went from $24,000 to $40,000 in one bid early in the process.

The clown that did that was a friend I’ve had for years from Texas. When he got outbid in the last day I reminded him that his brother has a nice FJ55 wasting away in Minnesota under a cover.

EE9E9CDD-1006-48E5-94FB-70BF8FC656FD.jpeg

So Mantis struck a deal with his brother. I sent him @jmlockwood ’s shipper and it was on like donkey Kong.

The driver shows up and can’t drive a stick shift.

No joke.

Then he tries to extort cash out of his brother. Says the roof rack will hit bridges.

We punt

CDA64E10-AAA9-4C9E-90DE-A3231D14F66B.jpeg

Don’t forget the part of the story where my wife had forbidden me from ever buying another non-restored Cruiser due to all the issues I ran into after attempting to "fix" the FJ40 I bought, so wngrog came up with the grand idea of having it shipped to him and giving it the once over (or twice or thrice) to get it in proper shape before I brought it home.

Last edited:
I’ve made an exception to rule #1 at Tilda Bogue Service station for you

👇
Rule 1 : Don’t deal with anyone that has to ask his wife first.....

Last edited:
Project Patina is sitting in the field thinking she’s going to be headed north and of course I jump in the Pig and see how it drives.

I read about 25% of the stuff Mantis sends me but I remember it runs.

I just forgot the part that it did not stop.

Mid rooster tail in second gear I decide to slow down before I hit the big tree I was aimed at and my foot went to the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom