What did you do on your 70 series today? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I figured out what that little clip is for inside the fuel door. I've been sitting my fuel cap on the running board/slider for 5-years.
View attachment 3047291

Going to go outside and try that Out

825A042A-483C-4D74-AD5C-3611F9DD4889.gif

I figured out what that little clip is for inside the fuel door. I've been sitting my fuel cap on the running board/slider for 5-years.:rolleyes:

View attachment 3047291

Well what do you know...

tempImage7Wtkl2.png

Isn't that just the spring to pop the door open when you pull the release? Dual usage? I mean the gas cap has a slot that fits perfect there. Mine pops open with that when I pull the lever inside.

Full geek out, the manual mentions nothing of this magical gas cap clip. I however think it's a perfect for storing the cap. Nice find.

tempImageYRRCsu.png

Strange....my current gas cap isn't metal but plastic. Trying to remember how it was on the FJ73 I had but I didn't pay much attention to it back then.

Well what do you know...

Isn't that just the spring to pop the door open when you pull the release? Dual usage? I mean the gas cap has a slot that fits perfect there. Mine pops open with that when I pull the lever inside.

Full geek out, the manual mentions nothing of this magical gas cap clip. I however think it's a perfect for storing the cap. Nice find.

I don't have the remote door opener, mine only opens with the key.

Strange....my current gas cap isn't metal but plastic. Trying to remember how it was on the FJ73 I had but I didn't pay much attention to it back then.

Does the plastic cap fit the same fill nozzle as the steel cap, or did the fill tube change with the cap? Asking as I may have acquired a subtank and am shopping for all the other bits and pieces I'll need to get it installed.

I don't have the remote door opener, mine only opens with the key.

Does the plastic cap fit the same fill nozzle as the steel cap, or did the fill tube change with the cap? Asking as I may have acquired a subtank and am shopping for all the other bits and pieces I'll need to get it installed.

The tube shown in the photos posted by @FJBen is different than mine. My gas cap has plastic threads that screws into the tube.

...With additional parts inside. :grinpimp:

...With additional parts inside. :grinpimp:

Its funny you say that cause it had me very confused why they did that. Then when I opened it I realized it was saying they had parts from another order in the box with the bull bar, not that the bull bar fitting kit was additional parts. Of course they didn't update the load list so lucky they were for the same truck and we didn't on ship it.

Luckily you can fit a BJ 74 Bull Bar in the back of a BJ 74

2022-07-01 12.43.49.jpg

Found out my rear leaves are part number which suits post 85 fj60's with 200kg constant load.

A short search in mud gave away around 500 kg+ of access weight between 60 series and hzj73.

Assuming the fj came with a gas engine, had a longer tail section and sheetmetal and glass on the rear......figured most of the difference is probably in the rear.
Think mine is around 300 kg lighter on the rear, probably more than that difference at gvm.

Disassembled one side, removed 3rd and 5th leaves, cleaned from rust, shortened the center pin, and reassembled.

Now, waiting to do it to the other side and see if I had calculated correctly.

Does anyone have curb weight with the actual weight distribution over the axles for the different models?
Did not see toyota official figures, well maybe they advertise the utes for the second stage builders.

20220701_143832.jpg

20220701_142014.jpg

20220701_142115.jpg

IMG-20220701-WA0039.jpg

IMG-20220701-WA0048.jpg

Its funny you say that cause it had me very confused why they did that. Then when I opened it I realized it was saying they had parts from another order in the box with the bull bar, not that the bull bar fitting kit was additional parts. Of course they didn't update the load list so lucky they were for the same truck and we didn't on ship it.

Luckily you can fit a BJ 74 Bull Bar in the back of a BJ 74

View attachment 3047727
Can you share your suspension setup? (Another thread?)
Lift, spring rate/load intended, shock length, valving?
Very nice package, enjoy and play

I did another History Tour this weekend. Into the Ruhr Industrial area.
I visited some technical monuments. There were vintage car shows at two locations.

* Henrichhuette smelter *
The blast furnace is from 1939. Closed 1985
20220702_121533.jpg

20220702_125836.jpg

20220702_131718.jpg

The big wheel is an magneto-electrical engine (!) that propelled the furnace ventilator. (Who needs insulation ? Just don't touch)

* Ship lift Henrichenburg at Dortmund Ems channel *
Constructed 1899. Capacity: 3100t (tub, water and ship). Length: 67x9x2m Lifting height: 13.5m in 3min. A technical wonder at that time.
20220702_152133.jpg
20220702_155859.jpg

First Vintage Car Show at * Ewald Mine *
The first mine shaft was brought down 1897. The lift sat in the big building on the right. It's called a Malakow tower.
DSC07405.JPG

Later, when steel engeneering had emerged, the shaft lifts were made from steel. The double lift on the left in pic above is from 1949, the single lift in pic below is from 1950s.
DSC07403.JPG

The mine closed 1987.

Some nice vehicles..
20220703_113920.jpg
20220703_111024.jpg
20220703_101721.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom