What did you do on your 70 series today? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Down to a few bolts left to get the engine out.
Next stop open up a stud wall in the shop to pull the Cruiser in there to use the electric hoist in the heated section.

work.jpg

I am so glad he linked up with you! I’ve tried to get him to post up on Mud. It’s not every day we get to geek out on a HZJ77 with an H55.

Yeah, Mike's a cool dude.

He thinks MUD is a waste of time and energy. He said a quick call to me was way easier. :lol:

Anyway, we spent about 3 hours on the truck. We've got a nice game plan to knock out a bunch of stuff in the near term.

Installed some Truck-Lite 24v LED headlights. I really like this style of this light as it looks a little less modern to me than the other LED lights out there. We use these lights on G-wagon conversions and anything that needs a more traditional look.

Absolutely in love with this little 73. I have had a lot of Land Cruisers(and currently have).....I only want to drive this one. Must be that diesel motor.....

20181011_184436.jpg
20181011_184446.jpg
20181011_184810-01.jpeg

Installed some Truck-Lite 24v LED headlights. I really like this style of this light as it looks a little less modern to me than the other LED lights out there. We use these lights on G-wagon conversions and anything that needs a more traditional look.

Absolutely in love with this little 73. I have had a lot of Land Cruisers(and currently have).....I only want to drive this one. Must be that diesel motor.....

View attachment 1808298 View attachment 1808299 View attachment 1808300
Those are good looking headlights. Got a link to where you got them?

Those are good looking headlights. Got a link to where you got them?

These came from Ebay.

They are some kind of military takeoff. They came with these super cool housings that I will use on an upcoming RV project(12v on that truck). We usually get 12v ones but I haven't seen those in a while.

I seem to recall googling a part number for these one time and finding them at Napa. They were big $. These are used in a ton of utility type trucks....garbage trucks are where I seem to see them.

These came from Ebay.

They are some kind of military takeoff. They came with these super cool housings that I will use on an upcoming RV project(12v on that truck). We usually get 12v ones but I haven't seen those in a while.

I seem to recall googling a part number for these one time and finding them at Napa. They were big $. These are used in a ton of utility type trucks....garbage trucks are where I seem to see them.

This look about right, also a fraction of the cost of more modern truck lites. Definitely a to-do, gotta save up for a water pump before I buy this though. Thank you for the good idea! How is the beam patter (high/low)? post some pics!

.jpg

@c2dfj45 ... "Must be that diesel motor...."
----------------------------------------------------------
The only way to power a Land Cruiser. :)

@c2dfj45 ... "Must be that diesel motor...."
----------------------------------------------------------
The only way to power a Land Cruiser. :)

I will be fully won over I think once I get that 1HDT going in the new project.......and once Rob does his thing to it.

I will be fully won over I think once I get that 1HDT going in the new project.......and once Rob does his thing to it.
Finally have power at the shop again.

Should there be a cover with labels over the fuse panel in the driver footwell of my bj74?

IMG_1251.JPG

If the answer is yes, does anyone have a photo with the cover and labels they'd be willing to share?

Thanks!

Kick panel is in storage unit with all the other interior bits, carpet, etc.

:/

Thank you very much sir!!!

Do you think the 20amp DOOR fuse is for power windows and locks?

I wonder what the radio is tied into.... one of my reasons for asking was wondering if I could steal the radio 24V power to supply my dual USB charger. I got the Bluesea 24V USB, but not sure how much juice the OEM stereo wiring has.

I diverted 24V cig lighter power to 24V dual usb ports.
I got a 12V lighter and wired it in place of original to avoid nit wit passenger jacking a phone charger into original 24V socket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom