What did you do on your 70 series today? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up my LJ79 from the bodyshop, had a big dent in the passenger side door got it fixed paintless. Pretty impressed I must say! I'm a one happy customer :)

2018-10-02_17.18.47.jpg

Removed fragments of burnt fusible link. Took alternator to a shop.

His new cluster has two fuel gauges on the left side. I don't think he fitted the top mount yet.

His new cluster has two fuel gauges on the left side. I don't think he fitted the top mount yet.
At my advanced age I confuse easily. :)

It has this style of gauge now. In fact, I bought a brand new one as the current one is haggard. If anyone wants it, let me know

So either fill the holes in the dash or figure out a way to mount an OBDII reader in there.

14de216e6dfa95ad8dbd8103dfbcb7aa.image.750x330.jpg
Obviously the Troopy had a rear tank in some markets?

To "erase" the pod up top you would need to replace the dash pad as it is moulded to accept the cover. You could do something like this to keep the pod.
20170410_180212.jpg

To "erase" the pod up top you would need to replace the dash pad as it is moulded to accept the cover. You could do something like this to keep the pod.View attachment 1802903
I especially appreciate the "Happiness is a belt-fed weapon" sticker :)

Is the Lev-o-Gauge there to help the passenger know when it is appropriate to grab the o chit handle?

It indicates how far apart to place your hands on the bar :lol:

I had enough of the dim lights and scratched up cluster glass.....installed some green LEDs and a nice new cluster glass. Makes it feel like a new truck....almost.
20181003_164436.jpg

20181003_185259.jpg

I had the white bulbs as well....thought I'd better stick with green. My 79 has a dimmer on it(was in the 80 harness)....I have to dim that cluster down...it's SUPER bright. The 73 isn't bad.

I had the white bulbs as well....thought I'd better stick with green. My 79 has a dimmer on it(was in the 80 harness)....I have to dim that cluster down...it's SUPER bright. The 73 isn't bad.
Perhaps I'm wrong (my wife says I often am) but I was under the impression that the circuitry of LED bulbs was not conducive to dimming. Going with a green or red bulb would help I'm guessing.

More cleaning, and a few hoses that need replaced.

cleaning.jpg

Also got my 9yr son to "drive" while we moved it into the shop to get ready for pulling the engine. I didn't even have to use the 1987 Farm Truck D50 to pull it in...although it sure would have been easier.

shop2.jpg

Where did you get the bulbs? I’m in need of replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom