What did you do on your 70 series today? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where did you get the bulbs? I’m in need of replacement

I got mine on Amazon.

Perhaps I'm wrong (my wife says I often am) but I was under the impression that the circuitry of LED bulbs was not conducive to dimming. Going with a green or red bulb would help I'm guessing.

The ones on my 79 12v are able to be dimmed...same as the ones on my 80. They have chips in them that allow them to dim.

The only ones I can't find are the ones for the heater control....I think maybe a T4? I have them in the 79 but that's a 12v.

Best bet is to contact them directly. I do not think the dash lights are on their site.

Perhaps I'm wrong (my wife says I often am) but I was under the impression that the circuitry of LED bulbs was not conducive to dimming. Going with a green or red bulb would help I'm guessing.

I had full LED’s in the whole dash of my FJ60 and the dimmer worked fine.

Cheers

I had full LED’s in the whole dash of my FJ60 and the dimmer worked fine.

Cheers
As I said I'm often wrong. :)

Tool time. Had the guys in the shop mill me a sleeve puller from scrap.

sleeve%20tool.jpg

sleeve%20tool%202.jpg

Measurements to make your own.
sleeve%20specs.jpg

Taken a break from work on it and decided to get her paws dirty. Started the day by finding a canyon the locals call 'the end of the world' or Shigry Canyonwhich I have wanted to visit for 3 years. Then after a hydration break we went to Wadi Disah, lots of very soft sand had me worrying about coolant temps (I will fit a analogue gauge I think) as the needle went slightly over half way. I did get to try out the ARB compressor and deflator though :) tyres are tubed so didn't know how low I can run them so settled for 18psi with no issues.

8461D04E-37C8-4A24-9CCD-923F8E0D63DE.jpeg

42969576-634C-4D58-86E6-C7F0AECF3FD7.jpeg

4808657B-8F11-4D5A-9F6E-EB78EBC2C718.jpeg

IMG_2184.JPG

What are you planning on reading on the display?
Engine parameters?

Interested in seeing how this turns out.

Yeah pretty much engine parameters and other odds and ends. So far I have codes written out for intake/exhaust temps, boost, water temp, oil temp/oil pressure, elevation, and gps speed. I want to find a good chip that Can read pitch/yaw. Other than that I haven’t quite got creative with anything else. Most reading probes will be from Honeywell and garret.

Yeah pretty much engine parameters and other odds and ends. So far I have codes written out for intake/exhaust temps, boost, water temp, oil temp/oil pressure, elevation, and gps speed. I want to find a good chip that Can read pitch/yaw. Other than that I haven’t quite got creative with anything else. Most reading probes will be from Honeywell and garret.
Oh! To add to this I also have limitations that can be connected to a light.bulb or have the screen flash if oil pressure is too high, water temp is too high or if exhaust is too high. I can program the screen to flash a different color for each but haven’t expanded too much on it

Oh! To add to this I also have limitations that can be connected to a light.bulb or have the screen flash if oil pressure is too high, water temp is too high or if exhaust is too high. I can program the screen to flash a different color for each but haven’t expanded too much on it

Sounds like a disco ball !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom