What did you do on your 70 series today? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Big day.....lots of cool parts came in. Started with a new wheel since I'm a sucker for a nice clean steering wheel. The guy I got the truck from bought the wrong wheel....but the right horn pad. So I bought the wrong pad for the wrong wheel. Much cheaper solution vs. buying a new wheel. Guess there will be points docked at the next concours event.

I've got a nice grey early wheel pad if anyone needs one.....

20180912_161915.jpg

Big day.....lots of cool parts came in. Started with a new wheel since I'm a sucker for a nice clean steering wheel. The guy I got the truck from bought the wrong wheel....but the right horn pad. So I bought the wrong pad for the wrong wheel. Much cheaper solution vs. buying a new wheel. Guess there will be points docked at the next concours event.

View attachment 1788200

Nice!

I am a sucker for things like a new steering wheel.

Good call, looks great, worth the money in my opinion.

Cheers

Nothing today but yesterday I turned the cruiser around and drove home after seeing a white smoke screen in the rear view mirror.
I hope it is only the turbo.

Nothing today but yesterday I turned the cruiser around and drove home after seeing a white smoke screen in the rear view mirror.
I hope it is only the turbo.
Where is the "unlike" button. Hope it is something minor ....

View attachment 1788200

Looks good. This is on my list too. It's just so damn expensive for a new wheel. I need to research the spline difference between models to see if we can use other model wheels to spruce up the interior. Maybe a 4Runner, Tacoma, or 80 series wheel.

Where is the "unlike" button. Hope it is something minor ....

Thanks.
Folks here are worried about flooding from the passage of hurricane. I will be looking for sheltered garage space.

Looks good. This is on my list too. It's just so damn expensive for a new wheel. I need to research the spline difference between models to see if we can use other model wheels to spruce up the interior. Maybe a 4Runner, Tacoma, or 80 series wheel.

Way expensive. I think it was $500 for the wheel and the pad shipped. The new pad was $95 shipped from UAE in 2 days. Glad he bought the wheel and not me.

The sun bakes those vinyl wheels....glue gets loose and the wheel gets nasty. My Tacoma had this problem(2003). 80 series wheels are nice but they have air bags which look dumb in a non-airbag truck and they always need recovering. I've got one in the process of having that done now....$350 to rewrap. Ouch.

The 2012 LC7X wheel wasn't super expensive when I looked it up, but it has an airbag....however I think there is a non-airbag horn button available too.

Way expensive. I think it was $500 for the wheel and the pad shipped. The new pad was $95 shipped from UAE in 2 days. Glad he bought the wheel and not me.

The sun bakes those vinyl wheels....glue gets loose and the wheel gets nasty. My Tacoma had this problem(2003). 80 series wheels are nice but they have air bags which look dumb in a non-airbag truck and they always need recovering. I've got one in the process of having that done now....$350 to rewrap. Ouch.

The 2012 LC7X wheel wasn't super expensive when I looked it up, but it has an airbag....however I think there is a non-airbag horn button available too.

I agree. There's always the pre-airbag Toyota vehicles. The '93 80 series donor vehicle for our project is airbag-less. I'll see if it fits the 75 column in a few months. If so, a junkyard wheel for us US guys will be an option. Might help out since most 70s we get are 25+ years old well haggard.

I agree. There's always the pre-airbag Toyota vehicles. The '93 80 series donor vehicle for our project is airbag-less. I'll see if it fits the 75 column in a few months. If so, a junkyard wheel for us US guys will be an option. Might help out since most 70s we get are 25+ years old well haggard.

Bet a 93 Land Cruiser steering wheel from a junkyard isn't going to be so nice. Lol.

I got 50% of my sun visors replaced today. For the first time in my life, I bought a part from Cruiserparts.net and it actually arrived without me having to make 10 different phone calls and various threats to get it. I was stunned when I looked at the box with their address on it. Lol. Had to do a double take. Actually a triple take.

I think it's a RHD visor....no mirror. No biggie. The other one is coming from Japan. Should have got it from Cruiserparts had I known it would be this easy....

20180912_183012_HDR.jpg

I got 50% of my sun visors replaced today. For the first time in my life, I bought a part from Cruiserparts.net and it actually arrived without me having to make 10 different phone calls and various threats to get it. I was stunned when I looked at the box with their address on it. Lol. Had to do a double take. Actually a triple take.

I think it's a RHD visor....no mirror. No biggie. The other one is coming from Japan. Should have got it from Cruiserparts had I known it would be this easy....

View attachment 1788891
90% of the time I have no problems with them.

90% of the time I have no problems with them.

I have never had a smooth transaction with them. I bet they have their ups and downs. Maybe you caught them on an up. They certainly have a lot of 70 series stuff....

Excitedly opened up the box of my rebuilt turbo, but unfortunately, the damage noted on the box was an indication of what I found inside:
C8A6B253-CC6B-4FA8-8137-D60A0A4956B7.jpeg
07308C75-7CDF-45D8-8FC9-928615A65FCC.jpeg
82B1F673-223D-4CBD-89E5-13184913CCD3.jpeg

Bung from wastegate actuator air line to compressor housing was hanging loose and the threads on it and the housing are messed up:bang: They made it a point to impress upon me how important it was to pack it well when I shipped it to them to avoid damage and not just use styrofoam peanuts. Guess what they sent it back in?! Still waiting to hear back from the shop about what we’re going to do.

UPS but I don't think it's on them. Box was not labeled as fragile or handle with care. In the shop's defense, they tried, although not intelligently, to pack it well. It was double boxed--turbo in a plastic bag in a small box with styrofoam peanuts which was then inside a larger box with styrofoam peanuts. The issue was the the outer box was not big enough so 2 sides of the smaller box were directly up against the outside of the big box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom