What did you do on your 70 series today? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Work continues:
1) Rear heater lines deleted. Just need to plug this outlet. Had been putting off doing this ever since installing the Tuffy center console which required deleting the heater.
View attachment 1786313 View attachment 1786314

2) Out with the old and in with the new...1st time doing motor mounts. That was fun (thanks @beno)
View attachment 1786315 View attachment 1786316

3)Painted my exhaust manifold with ultra high temp spray paint
View attachment 1786317
What exact paint did you use? I have all my manifolds off and want to do this

image.jpeg

Ordered one of these shiny things from Cruiser Brothers. :)

BTW those where oem Toyota mats for the new body style 7x models so you might want to hang on to them, they come in the new HZJ76 LX and VX models

I've got 3 sets of the tan mats now. Lol. I have them in my LC79. They work pretty well in that truck....and they match. Oak interior. Funny that I've never seen those tan mats in grey....maybe they never made them. New LC79 gets rubber. Rubber is way better.

Ordered correct brake pads from @cruiseroutfit

Started prepping it for tree removal duty if Florence comes to visit.

After driving a bit a night, I did not like the amount of light the headlights put out. I thought they were sealed beams but they were not.

They seem to be aftermarket headlights with halogen bulbs. So, I purchased some new headlights:

0912180806.jpg

What a difference. We will see how they are tonight.

Searched for a replacement transmission mount for my PZJ75.
All of the parts sources that I have found on the forum either had no listing or were out of stock.
Decided to try Partsouq and ordered an OEM Toyota mount from UAE. The shipping was $30; I paid for it Monday evening and it's scheduled to arrive Thursday.
Great service...

Searched for a replacement transmission mount for my PZJ75.
All of the parts sources that I have found on the forum either had no listing or were out of stock.
Decided to try Partsouq and ordered an OEM Toyota mount from UAE. The shipping was $30; I paid for it Monday evening and it's scheduled to arrive Thursday.
Great service...

Out of curiosity, what part number were you after?

Picked up my new ebay CT20 turbo fitted with a billet CT26 compressor wheel. Got it installed in my 3L turbo LJ79 but was too eager to drive it to bother taking photos while I put it in :D
Running same 15psi as before but feels better and stays on full boost on all gears and revs much easier. Egts also lowered by ~40C. Now planning on fabricating a downpipe and getting rid of the factory exhaust elbow outlet. Already had a flange cut out of 12mm steel.
IMG_20180807_170014.jpg
IMG_20180807_170136.jpg

Duno if ive posted before ? But handy for tree removal

Love it!!! Are those your sweet blue tree workin’ crocs????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom