Under hood tool box/? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Idk what else to do for you... your anecdotal feelings vs my masters degree in mechanical engineering... go read da book:
I don't know what your getting at. Do for me as far as what? Your saying manifold heat does not have a bearing in relation to engine bay temps and i need to read some book? My anecdotal evidence? Your trying to tell me an engine compartment does not reach 200 degrees? That's not anecdotal only.

I don't know what your getting at. Do for me as far as what? Your saying manifold heat does not have a bearing in relation to engine bay temps and i need to read some book? My anecdotal evidence? Your trying to tell me an engine compartment does not reach 200 degrees? That's not anecdotal only.

It does have a bearing on engine bay temps, but I gave you the information to learn why 1000 degree manifold doesn't automatically mean that everything else in the engine bay is going to melt. Thermal mass, method of heat transfer... that all matters.

The box is going to be fine. For the same reason your headlight housings, and air intake, etc etc aren't on fire, melting, or too hot too touch once everything is up at operating temps.

Last edited:
Y
It does have a bearing on engine bay temps, but I gave you the information to learn why 1000 degree manifold doesn't automatically mean that everything else in the engine bay is going to melt. Thermal mass, method of heat transfer... that all matters.

The box is going to be fine. For the same reason your headlight housings, and air intake, etc etc aren't on fire, melting, or too hot too touch once everything is up at operating temps.
Where did I say the manifolds will cause everything to melt? I said engine bay temps can reach 300 degrees, and that temperature is aided by the exhaust manifolds. Then I linked one of several technical articles available about engine bay temps reaching 300 degrees. I don't think most people truly grasp the significance of how they've fitted the hydrocoptic marzel vanes. When I was still a kid in college, I lost a dear friend of mine in an engineering class when a waneshaft started side fumbling so hard that it lost ambifacence. The spurving bearings couldn't handle the panometric load and they shattered. Killed him instantly. It's been years, and I still have nightmares where I see the stator embedded in his skull, whirring around and leaving semi-boloid patterns carved into his scalp. Crazy to think how this used to be cutting edge. For reference, only two years after the release of this equipment it was discontinued and replaced with what we call a "Tachyometric Regulator". It does all what that equipment does plus a few more key features (such as Angulatory Delateration and advanced Ion Pulse Control) and it's about the size of your fist.

Last edited:
I'm super interested in the honeycomb material the OP is using. Not being in the aviation industry, I've never come across it before.

How hard is it to work with? And yeah, i know that's a relative question.

Idk what else to do for you... your anecdotal feelings vs my masters degree in mechanical engineering... go read da book:
About to take a heat transfer final in an ME course using that exact textbook. Haha

I'm super interested in the honeycomb material the OP is using. Not being in the aviation industry, I've never come across it before.

How hard is it to work with? And yeah, i know that's a relative question.
Very easy to work with. The honeycomb panel I used was a fibreglass outer with phenolic core. There are procedures for putting fasteners through, sealing edges and bonding together.

You must use epoxy and not polyester resin.

It’s very light structure. It is available in different thickness and cores/strength and also 100% aluminum, it can also be very expensive unless you can find non-certified and surplus stuff.

Here is the box removed(without inner fender mount)

F066845E-9441-4766-90AD-C3CDF8EFF8E1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom